Chapter 1.1 | First Encounter

𝐉𝐚𝐱 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕

"You're finally getting out man, what's the first thing you're going to do?" my cellmate asks me as he flips through a magazine on the floor. "You got a woman waiting for you outside.?

"No but I do have a younger brother waiting for me though I don't know if he remembers me," I answer, closing my eyes as I picture the three-year-old boy I left four years ago.

"That's a surprise," he says sitting up to look at me.

"Hey kid, a woman was the reason my ass landed here in the first place," I tell him.

"I'm not a kid, I'm only six years younger than you," he says rolling his eyes.

"Alec, you got in here for the same shit I did four years ago," I tell him as I lean over to cuff him on the head. Back when I was twenty I met the woman that became my downfall, she was poison for me. What started as a friends with benefits relationship turned to a real one with me joining the mafia group she was in which then shifted to being blackmailed by said mafia group. Being caught in possession of drugs landed me here for four years. The only good thing was that this was my first offence so my sentence wasn't too long.

Finally, after four years I'm getting out today and the first place I'm going to is my childhood home to see my younger brother Wren. I missed the kid, the one piece of happiness outside my fucked up world. The last time I saw him was when he was three and I don't know how he's been over the years.

The only people I don't care to see are our fucked up parents that I wish would rot in hell. I was lucky to leave them in high school after all the shit I dealt with my dad but three years before Wren was born and after he was born it seemed they changed. No more drinking, they have jobs, and after Wren's birth I could see they cared for him; maybe I stressed them out when I was a kid but they still had no right to do what they did.

"Well I only have two more years left and then I'm out of here," he says rolling his eyes again.

"I wonder who's going to put up with your shit when I leave," I chuckle as I see a guard walking up to our cell.

"Jax Beckett, it's time to go," the guard says as he unlocks the cell. I jump down from the top bunk, running a hand through my hair. It's time to get out of this shithole.

"See you Alec, you still have another two years to go so try not to land in trouble," I say to him giving him a fist bump.

"Yeah yeah, I bet I'll get out of here faster than you because I have good behaviour," he answers as he goes back to the magazine. I roll my eyes as I walk out and the guard shuts the jail cell behind me. I follow him past the other cells as some of the other prisoners jeer and shout that I'm being let out early. I give them a smirk as I give them the finger, the fuckers are still here while I get to walk free.

It might be cold but I don't give two shits. Half of the people I fought with because for some reason with the way I look and all my tattoos it's like a beacon for people to come and fight me. It's the main reason why I couldn't be let out earlier. We reach the front of the inner part of the prison and a guard hands me clothes to change into, nodding his head to the changing area for the showers.

I strip out of my orange jumper and change into a pair of clean black denim and a white long sleeve. I dump the jumper in the laundry basket as I walk out and follow the guard to the front of the entrance.