Chapter 12

"I'm surprised the whole thing went off without a hitch," I say aloud as I sit on the floor, my computer placed on the coffee table in front of me.

"Charlotte, with the way you stuck with them and told them to behave I'm not surprised that the sleepover went well," Jax chuckles. It's Sunday night and my nephews have already gone back home officially concluding the weekend sleepover and as for Wren, he's already asleep, probably in dreamland at this point.

"It's not like I had a choice. This time it was different since Wren is with us. That means that this is a new situation for them and therefore more mischief," I tell him as I wait for my computer to power up.

"They still had the time of their lives," he says shaking his head with a fond smile. Even I can't help smiling. This past weekend was the most entertaining sleepover I've had. Yesterday we spent the day going to an arcade and then bowling. Today we went to an indoor trampoline park and the kids loved it. "What are you working on right now? Something for your students?"

"Remember how I said that I would look for a therapist for Wren? I figured I might as well start now. Better now than later, right?" I say turning to look at the man sitting on the sofa. I see Jax move from the corner of my eye and the next thing I know is that he's got his legs on either side of my body and his arms wrap around me, chin resting on my head.

"Are you looking for someone in this area?" he asks me as I search and read the reviews for various therapists. 

"Preferably. If I can't then of course I'll drive out of the city because I want Wren to be okay and understand that what happened to him wasn't right. Plus while he's in therapy I hope they can teach him that if he thinks that something isn't right he should speak up," I tell him as I open a new page. He shifts behind me and I feel a hand on my head, tilting it back and Jax swoops down locking my lips with his. He softly kisses me before parting our lips. 

"What was that for?" I ask with a smile when he pulls back, my head resting on his leg.

"I've never met someone with a heart as big as yours, you're truly an angel," he says looking into my eyes. I turn back to my computer but I feel my heart fluttering a bit at his words.

"Oh please. I'm doing what any normal person would do," I tell him as I read through one review that catches my attention. He wraps his arms around me again, kissing my temple.

"I'd have to disagree with that. You took your own student in within a heartbeat and didn't even think of anything else. Not to mention you offered your home to me and didn't even think I could harm you in any way," he starts telling me.

"Are you planning to harm me?" I ask interrupting him and turning to look at him.

"No, don't ask such a stupid question," he says with a scowl. I can't help but giggle at his angry face.

"I'm just messing with you Jax. You haven't done anything to make me be wary of you. Not yet at least," I tease as he chuckles.

"Drop it angel," he says fondly. "But going back to what I said, you took me into your home when you could have left me to fend for myself and not to mention you haven't even asked why I was in jail."

"I told you in the hospital didn't I? Unless you're comfortable with sharing then I won't pry. Granted that I am curious because I am human but I still won't ask until you are ready to share," I say as I write down the phone number of one therapist that looks very promising.

"And you don't want me calling you angel," I hear him mumbling under his breath. "Charlotte."

"What is it Jax?" I ask turning to face him again. My eyes widen when Jax's lips land on mine. His hands cradle my face softly and my eyes flutter shut. I kiss him back softly and Jax makes no effort to deepen the kiss. This slowness gives me a warm feeling in the pit of my stomach. I pull back when I feel like I need some air and avert my eyes to the wall behind the sofa.