Final Authors Note

I started writing this final note after I finished writing chapter thirty-five, I know, so far back right? I guess it hit me that I was close to the end of finishing this story and that just broke my heart. Turns out I was wrong because I ended up writing another seventeen chapters, who would have thought right?

The Ex-Convict was first published around the time of my birthday and it was just an idea that was bouncing in my head one night and I thought, 'should I publish or should I not?' Well, as you can see obviously I published it! But then I unpublished it, I know, but I had some things going on. A couple of months later I published it again and since that day I never looked back. Now that it's completed, I hope this story is one that everyone love's so much they can't put it down (even if they wanted to)

I took a break from writing and didn't start back until January 2019, determined to finish the story. One year ago in March this story was only at a 1000 views and it's crazy that the story has come this far, over 120k views and fifty chapters; I planned to have this story at thirty chapters but things change.

This quickly became my favorite story to write, maybe because I'm in my early twenties and I can write from a more mature point of view.

I wanted this story to have bad boy elements because when I started reading stories on Wattpad in way back in 2014, bad boys was all I could read. I don't know how many bad boy stories I've archived because I just loved that kind of thing. On the flip side, I just didn't want to focus only on the MC relationship and just romance; as much as I don't mind romance, for me, I didn't want my story to be purely based on it so I included family and strong friendship ties in it as well. What I also wanted to have in this story was a strong female lead.

I didn't want my female lead to be protected or weak, no, I wanted her to be strong but also be able to ask for help if needed, loving but also someone that didn't take any shit, but most of all someone who could speak their mind. As for my male lead, besides him having the bad boy qualities, I wanted him to have respect for people but also protect the ones he cares for, be strong of course but not afraid to show moments of weakness and most of all to love with every fibre in his body.

I know that I went into a lot of detail about things but honestly, that's just how I am. It's easy to connect the dots without so many details, interpret the author's meaning; but for me, I wanted to add the small details to make it as real as possible (even though this is fiction, and yes I stress on the fiction part).

I'm rambling I know but what I wanted to say before finishing writing this is to thank each and every one of you. To all my readers, thank you for taking a chance with the story, for reading it and staying for the whole journey and taking the time to comment or vote. It means so much and that's why I'm thanking every single one of you. I especially love reading the comments because it gave me an insight as to what you all might be thinking.

If I had a plot twist coming up and someone said, 'I think this will happen next', and I'm thinking, 'That's too obvious. If someone pointed it out I bet everyone else is thinking the same'. When one of you guessed Tricia was working with the mafia (you know who you are) I was just thinking ***********!!! But great minds think alike right? That was my original plan but then I had to change it and tweak it a bit.

I had to change and rewrite a lot of times because you all thought of what I was thinking and I needed new ways to surprise you all because who doesn't love surprises and I wanted you all to love this story as much as I do.

My goal for 2020 was to finish this and now I have! Anywho, thank you all so much and I hope you enjoyed this crazy journey.

Much love,

Kuminanane

P.s I'll be writing out bonus chapters for the story so if you have ideas of scenes you'd like to see be sure to leave them in the comments!! ^^

✘✘