Chapter 51

"Are you happy to be back home, Wren?" I ask as we walk through the airport.

"I'm happy," he replies as he swings our hands together. I turn to look at Jax, Jason, and Cody who are behind us, all three of them going at a slower pace, being mindful of Jax. We only stayed in Spain for another three days and now we're back, Saturday night, a whole week passed by in a foreign country.

From what Jason told me, they informed the school of my situation and the involvement of Robert and Tricia. As soon as I'm back, I have to send a letter to all the parents of my students so they know the two of us are now safe.

"Mommy isn't that Aunty Cleo?" Wren questions pointing at the woman stomping over to us with a baby in hand and four boys running full speed towards us. Cody's kids run up to him giving him a hug and Oli shouting to Jason as he runs to him.

I watch the interaction between the two and although he's not crying, I know it must have been hard to be separated from the only family he has. No doubt this is the first time he's been separated from Jason since his parent's accident.

"You bitch! Why didn't you call me when you were safe?" Cleo cries as she thrusts Alexa into Jax's arms before jumping on me. "How could you not call me and tell me you were okay," she cries.

"Sorry Cleo, a lot was happening but we're all okay. I'm pretty sure Cody has been filling you in on things," I reply as I hug her back.

"He has, he's told me everything that's happened only omitting one part because you had to tell me something?" she says looking at me in question.

"Well, I found out in Spain that I'm not having one but two babies, surprise," I tell her with a smile. She gapes at me for a couple of seconds before screaming at the top of her lungs. Other people in the airport look at our group with concern and others with annoyance as Cody apologizes to the ones that look annoyed.

"You're having twins!" she screams.

"Yes Cleo and thanks for sharing it out to everyone," sarcasm clear in my voice as I roll my eyes.

"This has to be the most exciting news ever," she tells me while shaking my arms slightly. "And Jax, I'm so glad you're okay as well, you to Wren," she says letting go of me as she hugs the two of them.

"Thanks, Cleo," he replies as he hands Alexa back to her.

"This makes up for you not calling me," she tells me and it seems my prayers were answered.

"I know it would," I answer cheekily. "Well boys, are we going home or not?" I ask turning to look at the rest behind us.

"We're going, I need to shower and get some sleep in my bed for once," Jason replies as he steps beside me with Oli holding onto his hand.

"Same, I just need to sleep until Monday," Cody adds. Cleo and I look at each other before breaking out into laughter.

"You came with your car right?" I ask Cleo.

"I did, but there's not enough room for all of us. Are you going to get a taxi then?" she asks.

"Most likely, my car and Jax's car are at home, so we have no other option. Plus I don't want to take the bus for more than an hour home," I sigh.

"Actually ladies, I have a ride for the rest of us so no need for a taxi," Jason pipes up. I turn to look at him and he says, "I made a call at the office asking them to leave a van in the valet section so I can drop you, Jax, and Wren home."

"You're a lifesaver, Jason, because now that I think about it neither of us has the money for a taxi," I say looking at Jax for confirmation before chuckling at my mistake. "We'll see you guys later then," I tell them once we reach the exit.