Chapter 37

"I can't believe that bitch did that to you. Why if I was there I would have punched her in the face," Cleo says clenching her fist.

"I know Cleo, and I pray you two never cross paths because we both know that you wouldn't hesitate to do it," I say calming her down.

"Of course I wouldn't. Remember that bitch from college," she says curling her lips. "She decided to try and make out with Cody by pulling the same shit your fellow teacher did. The difference is I kicked her ass and although he didn't need to, Cody worked hard for my forgiveness," she says reminiscing, a small smile present when she mentions my brother.

"I know, I had to deal with your bull shit while I was still in school," I say, and I feel a headache coming from all the days and nights I had to help the moronic couple with their problems.

"That's in the past Char, let's forget about that. Besides we have more important things to talk about. Look at you, your glowing," Cleo says nudging my arm teasingly as she hands me a bottle of water.

"Shut up," I say turning away from her.

"This is payback from all the ribbing I had to endure from you," she smirks.

"You'll never catch up to me, Cleo. I have seven years of teasing on you, beat that," I throw back at her.

"You win this round Char," she pouts. "Oh, by the way, how did your ultrasound go?"

"The baby is perfectly healthy," I tell her as I unlock my phone to show her the ultrasound pictures I got.

"Charlotte, I am so excited for you," she gushes while grabbing onto both my arms. "Do you have a bump yet? I remember when I was pregnant with Henry, by my second month I already had a bump, I was so excited."

"It's very faint but you can see there is a definite change and I remember, how could I forget. Instead of being a normal human being and calling me over the phone, you drove to my house in the middle of the night and my brother was ready to go on a search party with Benjamin," I say shaking my head at the memory.

"Did Jax see?" she questions.

"Definitely," I smile thinking back to earlier in the evening. Even now, I can't stop smiling.

《 Flashback

"What's wrong? You've been silent for a while," Jax questions, breaking my train of thought. We finished bathing and I've been standing here in front of my full-length mirror in my lingerie staring at myself for the last couple of minutes.

"Look at this," I say turning to face him.

"Look at the sexy woman in front of me wearing something I want to take off?" he teases pulling on my bra strap.

"Down boy, not now. Let me do it again, look at this," I say turning to the side. It's subtle, but you can see a small bump, my stomach curving just a bit. I place my hand on it and then watch Jax's reaction as his eyes widen.

"It's amazing how fast they're growing," he tells me, kneeling in front of me.

"They?" I ask bemused.

"I'm one-hundred-percent sure that you're going to be carrying twins," he says placing his hand on mine.

"I bet I only have one baby in me," I wager.

"We'll have to see when you have future ultrasounds," he smirks.