Chapter 42

"You won't believe what happened," is all I say as I storm into Cleo's house.

"Tell me what happened," she says following me to the kitchen.

"Let me tell you, I thought someone else was going to say but damn that Ca- hey kiddos and Oli?" I turn to look at Cleo in question as I quickly wash my hands so I can hold my adorable niece.

"Jason called me and asked if we could watch him for a bit while he finishes work. After I picked up Wren I went for him," she replies as she hands me Alexa.

"Oh, I see. Let's continue this somewhere else," I tell her. She tells the boys we'll be in the guestroom if they need us and to place their dishes in the sink when they're done with their snacks. 

"Start from the beginning, what happened? And try not to stress yourself," she says looking at my stomach.

"It's a little too late for that," I counter. "You know I wanted to keep my pregnancy on the down-low with everything that's happening. Try not to make myself or Jax be put into a vulnerable position," I tell her as I start to pace.

"Makes sense, you'd be a walking target. So word of your pregnancy came out? Did that bitch spill it?" she asks looking at me as I pace.

"No, surprisingly it wasn't her. After the meeting finished there was another teacher that said she couldn't keep it in any longer and overheard the day I was telling Clarissa about it. Instead of telling me privately, she exposed me to every single faculty member and whoever is working with Lorenzo," I fume with frustration.

"He knows now," she breaths out. "There's no way he wouldn't."

"Yeah, he knows, and I don't know what's going to happen," I sigh.

"Be careful, all three of you," she says to me as I sit back down beside her.

"I know, I have to tell Jax later when I see him," I tell her as my phone beeps.

"Is that him?" she questions as she takes Alexa from me.

"Yeah, he said that he's home right now and that he has a surprise for us," I say reading the message.

"What are you waiting for? Take Wren and get out of here," she says pushing me out the door.

"Fine, fine, I see you want me to get out of here," I tease as I walk out. "Wren, we're leaving," I call out.

"Okay mommy," he replies, and I hear him saying bye to the rest of the boys. 

"I'll talk to you later," I tell Cleo as I slip on my boots. "And I'll see you later little missy," I say poking Alexa's chubby cheek. I can't wait to have my own in the next couple of months.

"I'm ready mommy," Wren says as he hands me his bag.

"Alright, see you, Cleo," I tell her as Wren echoes his goodbyes as we walk out to the car.

"Why did we have to leave early mommy?" Wren questions as I open the back door for him.

"Your brother said he has a surprise for us," I reply as I shut the door.

"A surprise? Oh yeah, Jax said there was going to be a surprise," he says aloud.

"Oh? You know the surprise, Wren?" I ask as I drive down the street.

"I can't tell you, mommy, it's a secret," he giggles.

"Be that way but I'll find out soon enough," I tease, our eyes meeting through the rear-view mirror. Now I'm more curious to know what Jax is doing considering Wren also knows. We spend the next couple of minutes driving down the road before turning up at the house.