Epilogue

"I look like a whale," I sigh as I take a sip of my smoothie, cooling me down from the hot July sun. It's been six months after the mafia takedown and things have finally started to quiet down. After the weekend had passed and we were back in school, there were a lot of mixed reactions from people. There were some that were genuinely concerned about the two of us but there were others that just wanted to know for gossip.

It was amusing to watch Jax threaten every single reporter that was looking to get a story out of us while I was left dealing with coworkers and student's parents; so many letters to send out and phone calls to answer. So many things have changed in the last couple of months, and I'm not just talking about my body from the pregnancy.

After that night when Paul stopped by and Jax wanted to walk away, we've worked on our relationship; not just the two of us but the three of us as a unit. It took Jax quite a while for him to get on my good side; breakfast in bed, early morning craving runs, even sending flowers to the school when I was on my lunch. We did a lot of talking and we both wanted the same thing, to be together and take care of our children and Wren.

As for Wren, he had the hardest time getting back to normal. For two months he kept waking up from nightmares, Jax and I both worked as a team to console him and remind him that it's over and we're always there to protect him. But he wasn't the only one that got nightmares.

If I was the one that woke up in the middle of the night from a nightmare, the one thing I would do is go and take a hot shower to wash the dreams away. As soon as I was finished, I'd find Jax sitting at the edge of the bed waiting for me with his arms wide open. It was a healing process for us all, Jax as well in the physical sense. The bullet wound has healed perfectly and now he's thinking of getting a new tattoo to cover it up.

Wren went back to therapy and I also signed myself as well because I wanted to move forward from it. This was something I didn't want holding me back and although I'd never forget it, at least I'd be able to handle it better. Last month was the first trial in regards to Lorenzo and Jax and I both had to go to testify against him.

It was nerve-wracking to see him up close, a dark sneer on his face throughout the whole trial left me having to remember what happened in Spain. It was only the first trial and the second one is next month.

As for Tricia, Robert, and Kerri, their trials are set for September and I'll for sure be there for that. Rhett, on the other hand, pleaded guilty so there was no need for a trial for him. In regards to his sentencing, we still have to wait and see how many years they'll give him.

As for everybody else, Jason was promoted to police chief for his heroics and for exposing the corrupt police force. I'm so proud of him for reaching so far and I know his future is still bright. On the flip side, the divorce papers he had ready went through officially back in March and from what Jason told me Kerri was livid that he abandoned her.

All I can say is sayonara bitch. Oli has also been growing a lot in the last couple of months. He's more open plus talkative with the rest of the boys and Jason enrolled him in the elementary so when the new school year starts the two will be seeing each other daily while I'm on maternity leave.

Nothing much has changed for Cleo and Cody plus their kids except for the fact Cleo is pregnant, again. When she found out last month she came knocking at my door at six in the morning, Alexa in her arms as she told me in excitement. If it wasn't for her telling me that I would have probably slammed the door in her face, a pregnant woman needs her sleep. Jax was left with the task of telling Cody that his crazy wife and kid weren't missing, his wife just has no care for time. But I can't wait to have another niece or nephew, it's going to be so exciting.