Chapter 9

We reach the basement floor, taking our time since we do have one pregnant woman going down with us. As soon as we reach the bottom of the stairs I hear the boisterous noises coming from my adorable nephews.

"Boys, look who came to visit you," Cleo calls out. I watch my nephews turn to look at us before getting up and running to us at top speed.

"Aunt Charlotte!" they yell in unison. All three of them jump on me and I'm thankful that they are still small otherwise I would have ended up on the floor.

"Hello, hello, and hello," I greet, giving them all a pat on the head.

"Are you sleeping over today Aunt Charlotte?" my oldest nephew Benjamin questions. Same age as Wren, Benjamin is a carbon copy of my older brother. Compared to his brothers, I don't need to keep an eye on him so much when they come to visit. I can leave him to his own devices, be it a book or even watching a movie.

"Are we going to your house Aunt Charlotte?" my second oldest nephew Henry asks. Unlike Benjamin, Henry takes after his mom and has more features leaning towards her side of the family. He's an active five-year-old so I'm usually kept on my toes to make sure he stays out of trouble.

"Aunt Charlotte," my three-year-old nephew and the youngest in the batch Christopher says continuing to hold onto me. Now Christopher is the baby of the bunch though not for long and the only one that has both features of his parents. When he stays over he tends to stick by me if he's not playing with his brothers, even helping me in the kitchen even though he's only three.

"Sorry boys, I'm just here to visit, we can have our sleepover this weekend," I tell them.

"So why are you here?" Benjamin questions. As always this child is always inquisitive and asking questions.

"I'm here because there is someone I want you to meet," I say motioning Wren to stand beside me. "Boys this is Wren. Wren this is Cleo's sons," I say introducing them to one another.

"Are they my cousins Charlotte?" Wren questions looking at me. Cleo and I look at each other before laughing.

"I guess you could say that. Benjamin, can you let Wren join you three?" I ask looking towards my oldest nephew. He nods his head eagerly, most likely happy that there's someone his age to play with. He grabs his hand and pulls him towards the board game they were playing before we interrupted. 

"Let's go sit down while they play," I tell Cleo gesturing to the sofa across from the staircase.

"Do you think that they're fighting?" she asks once we've sat down.

"Jax and Cody would be idiots if they decided to fight. I'll kick both of their asses," I reply as I watch Benjamin teach Wren whatever game they were playing.

"You know Char, I noticed something about Jax," she says nonchalantly.

"What'd you notice?" I question turning to look at her.

"That man has got a thing for you. If only you could have seen the way he was watching you when you were introducing Wren and him. It was like you were the most precious thing in the world for him," she gushes.

"I doubt that's true Cleo," I say shaking my head in disagreement. "Have you seen him, Cleo? Someone like myself wouldn't suit him." I say that even though he's kissed me how many times now.

"Don't tell me you still have this low-self esteem of yourself? Charlotte, you are a gorgeous young woman with a smoking body and not to mention you are incredibly smart. You have brains and beauty, any man would be lucky to be with you," she tells me. "Plus, do you know how cute you two would look together?" she asks with a smirk.