The Visit

I went home in cloud nine. I was walking towards the mansion when the door burst open and a very panicked-stricken Mia came running to me. I was surprised.

“Mia, what’s wrong?” I asked her.

Her eyes were wide with panic as she spoke. “Your father’s inside, Lizzie.”

WHAT? Dad’s inside? Why, how, what, since when? Questions flooded my mind as the news sunk in. Dad never visited me unless I did something bad and someone told him. So Dad visiting me is bad news.

“What did he say?” I asked.

“He said that he wanted to see you. He wants to talk to you about something.”

Damn. Every single bad thing I did since I was young came back to my mind. What did Dad find out? Was it the time I pranked our school principal? Maybe it was the time I made my tutor cry when I was in middle school. Or maybe it was the time I tortured the queen bitch of my old school. Or probably, the most recent thing I did, threatening the slut who was after Liam. My face paled as I thought of things dad could do to punish me. He could send me back home or send me somewhere far where Liam can’t contact me like Alaska or UK. Worse, he might send me in another all-girls school or force me to be a nun. But the worst he could do is to stop me from seeing Liam. Dad maybe spoiling me to death but that doesn’t mean he never gets mad. And Daddy getting mad is the scariest thing ever.

“Is he mad?” I asked anxiously.

“I don’t know, I can’t tell! Oh, Lizzie, just see him now. Anxiety’s killing me here.” Mia murmured worriedly.

“But what if he’s mad?!” I voiced out my worry.

“Lizzie, charm your Dad. You know you got him wrapped around your finger.”

“Oh, thanks for reminding me, Mia! You gave me a little confidence.” I sighed and walked dejectedly inside the mansion.

Inside the mansion, Dad was seating on the expensive couch, reading a newspaper. He didn’t notice that I came in.

“Hey Daddy!” I greeted.

Dad looked up from his newspaper. “Princess!” he called and stood up, opening his arms for me.

I got into his arms and hugged him.

“I missed you, Daddy.” I said honestly.

“I missed you too, princess.” He said, patting my back.

I pulled away to stare at him. He didn’t look mad.

“So why are you here?” I asked, trying to sound nonchalant.

“I just wanted to check on you.” He reasoned but I didn’t believe a single word of it. I knew my Dad too much. He wouldn’t fly miles just to ‘check on me’.