Valentine's Day

When we came back from the holiday vacation, nothing much happened. In fact, January breezed by without anything important happening. We went on our normal routine as the school opened up. Of course, Liam and I were still devastated about what happened to Sarah. It affected me enough to ask my Dad to donate a million dollars to the orphanage where Sarah used to live. Dad was ecstatic about the idea, he loves helping people. Dad also agreed to continue giving financial support to the orphanage as long as we got money. Boredom washed through me as we got back to school, except during the 14th of February. Every couple was excited while I was seating there in the cafeteria, examining my nails.

So I guess everyone’s expecting me to be excited for Valentines right? Well, no. I mean, what would I expect from my…Liam?  Was he even my boyfriend? Well, I was the one who asked not put a label on our relationship so I got no right to complain about it. Anyway, Valentine’s Day doesn’t excite me that much. The only exciting part is seeing girls receive grand surprises from their boyfriends and watching them get fat because of the chocolates given to them. Anyway, it’s just another day for me to get through.

As I was examining my nails, I noticed Sean who was sitting beside me, kept on fidgeting. I wasn’t supposed to call his attention but it irritated me.

“Hey Sean, stop fidgeting.” I called out.

He stopped and stared at me. “Sorry?”

I rolled my eyes. “I said stop fidgeting. Where’s your mind at?”

“Sophia…Valentine’s…surprise.” He said mindlessly.

“Oh cool! What’s your surprise for her?” I asked.

“That’s the problem. I don’t have one.” Sean mumbled under his breath.

My eyes widened at this. “What the hell, Sean, what the hell?! I expected this from Liam but not you!” I almost shouted.

He clamped his hand over my mouth. “Lower your voice! I don’t want Sophia to know.” He looked around nervously.

I slapped his hand away from my mouth. “Fine, fine! Thank me because I just thought of something you can do before the day ends!”

“Really?” his face lit up.

“Yes, I’m going to help you but I’m still disappointed in you.” I snapped.

“Sorry, I tried to think of a surprise for days but that didn’t work out too good for me.”

“I can see that. Why didn’t you ask help from me days before?” I asked, exasperated.

“I didn’t think of it.” he nervously chuckled.

“What a genius.” I rolled my eyes. “Buy a bouquet of flowers and a bear. Girls love that shit.”

“Wouldn’t those be cliché?” he countered.

“Who’s the girl here, Sean?” I snapped.

“Sorry, sorry.” He held his hands up in mock surrender.

“Good, I didn’t say that would be all. Just do that for the meantime. I’ll take care of the rest.”

“Okay. Thanks, Lizzie! I’ll order a bouquet now.” he hugged me then ran off.

I rolled my eyes again. Boys. Ella and Eric were obviously in a janitor’s closet somewhere, making out. They didn’t even show up for lunch, those hormonal teenagers. I wonder how Ella doesn’t even get pregnant with the number of times they’re doing it in a day. I shuddered at the mental image of them creating babies.

As for Liam, well, the guy’s known for disappearing like a ghost so I wouldn’t even bother to look for him. I need to help out Sean first. I walked out of the cafeteria and went to the field. I looked around and spotted the guy I was looking for.