In The Woods

I was shaken at what I’ve seen. I couldn’t believe it but I saw it with my own two eyes. Liam Cooper was trading drugs with that creepy guy. I was scared for the first time. I was scared for Liam. His family surely didn’t know what he’s doing. But what if he got caught? He’s obviously doing it for money. What if I asked Dad to give Mia a raise? I sighed. I quickly walked away from the alley and returned to the car. Louis must have noticed how shaken I was because he asked me if I was okay, I just nodded, not wanting him to worry. I could tell that he knew I was lying but he didn’t ask any more questions, sensing my discomfort. I went straight to bed when I got home, thinking how in the world I fell in love with a bad boy.

The next morning, I was feeling a bit off. Maybe because of what I’ve found out. When Liam walked into the room, I couldn’t even manage to look at him. I just kept my head down the whole time. I didn’t know how to deal with the situation. I could feel his eyes on me but I didn’t dare meet his stare. A few periods passed that way, me avoiding him. When the bell rung for lunch, I quickly fixed my things and hurriedly got to the door…only to be blocked by none other than Liam Cooper. I looked up but averted my gaze to the side. I knew that if I stared at his eyes, I’d get lost in them.

“Are you…avoiding me?” he asked hesitantly.

I was caught off guard because first, Liam Alexander Cooper was looking unsure in front of me. Second, he actually noticed that I was avoiding him and third, his action proved that he cares because if he didn’t, he wouldn’t mind if I avoided him. I couldn’t help but smile at the epiphany.

“So?” he prompted, reminding me that I haven’t answered his question yet.

“Why do you care?” I asked smugly, crossing my arms over my chest.

“I don’t! I was merely asking.” He said, a little too defensively.

I scoffed. “You wouldn’t ask if you don’t care.”

“Well, rich girl, there’s this thing called ‘curious’ and I’m feeling that right now. So stop whatever you’re thinking because I’ll never like you that way.”

His words hurt a little but I didn’t show it, instead, I rolled my eyes.

“Deny it all you want but actions speak louder than words.”

“Whatever. I’m going now since you’re not making any sense.”

“Good.”

“I know.”

“Go now.”

“I will.”

“Then why don’t you walk off at this moment?”

“I’ll walk off when I feel like it.”

“Admit it, bad boy; you don’t want to leave me.”

“Yeah right, because I’m madly in love with you, rich girl.”

“See? Wasn’t so hard to admit, is it?”

“You talk too much.”

“Then keep me quiet.”

“Are you taunting me?”

“I don’t know. Am I?”

He scoffed. “Bye, rich girl.” Then he walked off.

I smiled as I stared at his leaving figure. I sighed to myself. When did life get so complicated for me? I used to have an easy life. I get everything in a snap. But now…look where love brought me. I, Elizabeth Jane Carter, was madly and head over heels in loved with a bad boy, Liam Alexander Cooper. He doesn’t even belong to my world. What world is it, you may ask? Well, just the kind of world an heiress belongs to. A world full of glamour, class and money but it’s also full of lies, deceit and evil stuff. My Dad was so going to kill me once he found out what I was up to in this small town. And although Dad has nothing against poor people, he surely wouldn’t approve of Liam. Liam’s not exactly the type of guy you can show off to your rich Daddy. It’s not because Liam came from a poor family. It’s just that Dad doesn’t approve of drugs. He’s strongly against the idea of people using or selling drugs. And if he finds out that Liam sells drugs, he would surely send me off to England and lock me up in our mansion there. So I have to make sure that Dad wouldn’t find out about Liam’s job.