Dating THE Bad Boy

“So, mind telling me now what the real deal between you and my brother is?” asked Mia as I began rummaging through my room of clothes.

“Well, we’re together…sort of.” I added the last part.

Right after Liam went off, I ran to my room of clothes, bags, shoes and accessories to find the perfect outfit for our first date. I dragged Mia with me to help me find the right clothes. I had no idea what to wear since I never wore jeans on a date before. Of course, I dated a number of guys before; some are even eligible bachelors of the world. But the date would always be formal like we’d go to an expensive restaurant or we’d watch a theater show or we’d visit the museum. Yes, one guy had the nerve to bring me to a freaking museum. I didn’t know what came to his mind and why he brought me to the museum. It was the most boring hour of my life ever. But since he’s a family friend, I decided to be patient with him for the whole hour though I was already thinking of a hundred ways to murder him without anyone noticing.

“What do you mean, ‘sort of’”? Mia questioned.

I coughed awkwardly. “I didn’t want to put a label on whatever we have right now. So we decided not to put one. I mean, we’re not boyfriend and girlfriend but there’s definitely something between us. We’re just happy with what we have right now.” I explained.

“Who came up with this idea?” she asked.

“I did.”

“Lizzie…sorry for asking you this but…your commitment issues, do they have something to do with him?” she asked hesitantly.

I froze for a moment before continuing what I was doing.

“No…he has nothing to do with it. I’m over him, Mia. It’s been a year and he’s not a part of my life anymore. I just want to take things slowly this time. I want to be sure before I get into a commitment again.”

She sighed and sat next to me on the couch.

“Sorry for asking Lizzie. I’m just worried about you. You’re like a sister to me and I don’t think I can handle seeing you so broken again. I saw you change after what happened with him. You may have fooled everyone by acting tough but not me, Lizzie. I saw you growing up. There’s still the old Lizzie in you right now. I saw how broken you were when he left you. I don’t want to see you that way ever again, Liz…I don’t want to see you that way with my brother.” She murmured.

I smiled sadly at her.

“Mia, we can’t undo the past. Yes, I was so broken when he left me. Why wouldn’t I be? I trusted him with my whole heart, Mia. But I’m moving on now. Liam’s picking up the pieces of my heart and I hope, someday, he’ll be able to put the pieces back together.”

“If you’re so sure about my brother, Liz, then I’ll support you with your decision. Just remember that I’ll always be here for you.”

“Thanks, Mia! On the lighter note, why don’t you help me find the perfect outfit for my date?” I suggested, trying to lighten the mood.