One-Shots 12

**One-shots, because I'm too lazy to actually write a chapter 12, after it mysteriously vanished. They don't really fit into the story, so don't stress about trying to make sense of them :D For this first one, please remember that red hair is non-existent on Hopea. There's only white, brown, and blond.**

Red Hair

"You know, I still haven't figured out Natasha's hair...." Eloyse mused. 

"Really?" Clint looked up from his book at the girl. She was laying in the grass, chin cupped in her hands while she thoughtfully gazed at Natasha. The assassin was training by herself, and her red hair whirled around as she moved. "What's wrong with her hair?" Clint looked away from his friend. Eloyse was still glued on her.

"Nothing. It's beautiful. I've just never seen hair like that. Wavy, short..... red. Mostly the red. We have wavy and short hair, but no red hair." She dreamily sighed. Clint grinned and went back to his book, only to be interrupted by Eloyse again. "If you wash it, will all the red come out?"

He glanced up briefly, amused. "No."

"Was she born with it?" 

"Yep."

"Does she like it?"

"I haven't asked. I suppose so."

"Where did she get it originally?"

"She was born with it."

"She didn't dye it?"

"We're going in circles now." Clint attempted to read again. His book, The City of Ember, was in a crisis at the moment.

"Can I have it?"

Startled, he glanced down. "Have what? My book? Because that's a no."

"Naw! Her red hair." Eloyse rolled over, explaining herself. "Not a lot! Just a little piece to see if the color will wash out."

Clint held back a snicker. "Sure. Help yourself. Just be careful; redheads can have a temper."

"So she'll be mad?" 

Clint shrugged. "Dunno. Maybe you should ask her first."

Eloyse sighed contentedly and rolled back over to watch Natasha. "Naw. She'd say no."

*~*~*~*~*

"Where's Natasha?"

Eyes glued to his phone, Tony gave a vague wave, and Eloyse nodded her thanks, although the wave had only cut out a quarter of the world. She trotted off in the opposite direction. 

Out of boredom, Wanda watched. In a few minutes, Eloyse returned, heading toward where they said Natasha was. Wanda rose and silently followed. Nat was leaning against a tree, reading a book. However, she had dozed off, head tipped against the tree and book open in her lap. Eloyse inched closer to the assassin, keeping behind her. She dropped to her belly, staying behind the small bushes with a ground crawl. Silently, she worked herself closer until she was only a arm's reach from Nat. Pulling something out of her pocket, she leaned forward. 

Wanda clapped a hand over her mouth when she realized Eloyse held scissors. Working with infinite care and perfect silence, Eloyse separated a small strand of the red hair and ever so carefully slipped it in the scissors. She gently squeezed. Dropping her hands, she tucked the strand of hair and scissors in her pocket. She had just began crawling backwards when she hit a branch with her foot. Instantly, she froze, but it was too late. 

Nat woke with a start, siting straight up and suspiciously looking around. When her glance landed on Eloyse, the dark-haired girl heaved a disappointed sigh and got to her feet. She had both hands behind her back, and a crestfallen look on her face.