Crash - 14

** Thank you @55mc69!**

Barton was one of the first to walk into the clearing. He tossed down his bow and arrows, glancing in surprise at Pietro wandering around holding Eloyse's hand, dragging her along. The speedster glanced at the archer helplessly, then got an idea.

"Come here." He beckoned his teammate over. Clint hesitantly obeyed. Pietro clasped her hand in his, and backed off, quickly ordering before Clint could flee. "Don't let go. Take her for a walk." Eloyse instantly sat down upon stopping, looking exhausted.

Bruce came over and explained more fully for the confused archer. "She got some poison in her system and isn't quite right at the moment. She wants to rest, but I'm afraid to let her. She needs a bit more movement to work the poison out, and she won't do it on her own."

"Right." Barton lead her away. She didn't hold on to him, and showed dislike at him holding her hand tightly at all. They wandered for a long time before settling down in the warmth of the sunshine. Clint dropped down beside her, sighing. She mimicked him, then leaned sideways on him.

"So tired..." She whimpered. Clint felt pity steal through him. She was just a kid, after all. Fifteen. He let her lean on his shoulder, putting an arm around her. He rested against a tree. Pretty soon he looked down to see her asleep, and smiled. Her breathing was steady and easy. Asleep, she looked nothing more than just a kid. A lost, lonely, frightened kid. He tipped his head against the niche in the tree and closed his eyes.

                                   *************************************************

"Clint. Hey, Clint?" An incessant voice nagged Eloyse's mind. She heard someone groan and her pillow shifted. There was silence, then another hushed whisper, "Clint Barton. Wake up."

"I'm awake.." He moaned.

"Shhh!" The nagging voice hissed.

"Oh." The voice sounded slightly startled. A moment later Eloyse felt a hand stroke her through the blanket. "Where'd this come from?" Clint whispered.

"Cap found you both earlier and sent someone out with a blanket."

"Nice."

They were talking in low voices, not knowing Eloyse was already awake. Or rather, slightly awake. She whimpered and shifted, burying herself deeper in the blanket. She felt Clint pulling it up around her snugly, and she sighed sleepily. There was silence until she was nearly asleep, then Natasha's fierce whisper came.

"You woke her up!"

"No, you did!" Clint responded.

" I did NOT!" Natasha indignantly snapped back, keeping her voice down as much as she could.

"Did too!"

"Did not!"

This was ridiculous. Nobody could sleep with them arguing, even if they were doing it in tiny whispers. After a few minutes, the duo noticed something was changing and gradually fell quiet as they watched the blanket inch across the grass. Three feet away from Clint, the blanket fluffed up, then drew snug and ceased moving.

"We've got to move out. Can you bring her along?"

"Is that what you woke us up for?" Clint was incredulous.

"Yea..." Admitted the redhead's sheepish voice.

Eloyse was again drifting into sleep when she felt Clint's arms around her, gently as they could. He lifted her, being careful to keep her blanket-wrapped away from the bright sunlight. He held her against him and started back for the jet. Lulled by his rhythmic step and the sound of his heart, Eloyse once again dozed off.