Leaving - 22

As soon as the Avengers reached their "borrowed" jet and left the battlefield, Tony pounced on Eloyse. "Do you know how you did it?"

Eloyse put her head in her hands, "No." she mumbled. She spied Clint. Nat and Steve had him laid out on the floor of the jet, while Thor attempted to fly the jet. He was loudly complaining that it was harder than the Migardian jets. Eloyse rose and nudged past the curious Tony to the injured man. She dropped to her knees, letting her blue magic play around her fingers. She touched him, gently, and her fingers worked swiftly. Steve already had his shirt off, and Clint was grumbling about that. He was feeling rather chipper, since while Eloyse working on him she was letting her power course through him, taking the pain.

"Hold still." she commanded softly. She barely had any energy, but it would be easier to heal a fresh wound than an old one. She hovered her hand several inches away, letting her healing power flow into the bullet wounds. Natasha and Steve watched, mezmorized. Bruce leaned over his Captain to see. Pietro suddenly went speeding toward the pilot seat, and Tony quickly turned and followed. Probably due to the drastic tilt the plane had just acquired. 

A couple moments later, Thor joined the group by Clint. The archer sarcastically groaned. "Yea, yea. Come watch a man get operated on. It won't make him uncomfortable to have five people standing over him gawking. Why do I even talk? Nobody's listening..." he sighed heavily. Eloyse lowered her hand to touch the wound, and she held it there, cupped. After a few seconds, she raised her hand and flipped a spent bullet to Natasha. Of course, being the master assassin she was, she caught it. 

Clint's eyes widened as Natasha dropped the bullet by his face. She grinned at his shocked expression. Eloyse finished, drawing back from Clint. "How's your wrist?"

"Fine!" he grimaced. The pain had returned when Eloyse withdrew. She noticed, flicking some magic back in. His face softened with gratitude. Eloyse smiled faintly, nudging past the people to reach the edge. She sat down and put her head in her hands, exhausted. A concerned Wanda came over. She crossed her legs, sitting down on the floor in front of Eloyse.

"Are you ok?"

Eloyse raised her head, managing a tired smile. "Yea, I'm fine. I just never been this drained before."

Wanda looked sympathetic. She reached out, hesitated, then touched Eloyse's hand when the girl didn't drawn back. "Do you want me to help?" Eloyse tipped her head to one side, considering, then shook no.

"I'll be fine. Thank you." 

Wanda nodded, giving Eloyse's hand a small squeeze. "You know we're only two years apart." she grinned at Eloyse's surprised expression. "I'm seventeen."

"So am I!" Pietro announced, smirking. He'd just come up behind his twin. He tugged gently at her hair gently, laughing at her put out expression. She took the hand he offered, pulling her to her feet. They wandered off, together. 

Eloyse watched them, something like wistfulness in her eyes. She had always wanted a twin. Somebody to be closer than Shyden. She loved him to bits, but she didn't tell even him certain things. She'd always felt something was missing from her life. Perhaps she actually had a twin out there....

She sighed, putting her chin in her hands. She closed her eyes, enjoying the feel of just relaxing. Since they'd left the deserted HYDRA base two days ago, they'd fought two battles and unintentionally engaged in an air battle. Eloyse let herself fall over, curling up in a little ball to keep warm. She had her back to the rest of the jet as she drifted off to sleep.

                                                   *********************************

"Are you sure you're ready for this?" Steve asked with worry lacing his voice. Eloyse gave him a confident look. She could feel the worry radiating from him.