Missile Strike - 38

**Thank you HimynameisBiw1 for all the votes!**

The ground was wasted, bare. Not a sign of life. Well, only one sign. A small scrap of metal, mostly buried beneath the dirt. The part that showed was painted red, blue, and white. It was Steve's shield. Eloyse turned, looking at the damage in shock and horror. Instinctively, she knew everyone was dead, even herself. This was to happen?

Eloyse jerked up her head. What had just happened? Had she just seen a missile striking them and killing everyone? Shaking, she sat down. Shyden appeared by her side, his blue eyes sparkling.

"What's up?"

"I think I just saw the future."

The blond cocked his head. "Was it good or bad?"

"Bad."

"Then don't tell me." He glanced around. "I'm going to get Damian. He's off in those trees." He gave Eloyse a short hug before racing away. They had escaped from the building fifteen minutes ago, TT in Eloyse's pocket. The three had split up instantly; Bucky to Steve, Nat to Clint, and Eloyse to Shyden. Yet they had all done the same thing. Fight. 

Just then Bucky walked up, concern etched in his features. "Why the sad face?"

Eloyse shifted her expression. "HYDRA managed to launch one of those missiles."

Bucky's face changed. "How do you know?" Eloyse sighed, rubbing a hand over her eyes.

"Just trust me, ok? We need to tell Tony."

"Tell me what?" Tony dropped down, hovering right in front of Bucky and Eloyse. Without getting an answer, he went on. "What exactly happened in that room? There's a missile headed our way." He dropped with a thump to stand on the ground.

A panicked expression crossed Eloyse's face, a shocked one on Bucky's. The brunette slid a hand into her pocket, bringing out the TT. Holding the bottle up, she moaned. "That's how. He must have gotten a little in the first missile before we noticed him." She explained. Bucky's face fell.

"Uh oh."

"But only a little?" Tony wanted to make sure. Eloyse nodded. Tony lifted off the ground several feet. "Tell Pietro to take his sister and get to the jet. They have to get the jet out of here. Wanda can speed up the engines." Tony locked his hands down and sped into the sky. Bucky glanced at Eloyse.

"I'll go tell Quicksilver." He jogged off. Eloyse turned to Shyden. He'd returned, and was holding Damian's reins. She faintly smiled.

"Keep Damian and please don't get hurt. I'll help the team. Go around the building and scout for anything suspicious, but come back here if you see anything." She put her hand on Damian's nose, and he pushed into her, closing his eyes in happy bliss. Eloyse was the first to break the touch. She flashed an apologetic smile at Shyden, and was gone. Shyden mounted, feeling the powerful little horse beneath him fretting for his girl.

He still wasn't sure why it was that Damian had suddenly decided to let Shyden ride him. Or even touch him, for that matter. However, he loved it. Seldom had he sat a horse with so much power, yet such a small frame. He could easily understand why Eloyse would pick the little stallion to ride over any other horse. Across the battle, he saw a streak leave. Pietro, carrying Wanda. Hopefully they wouldn't be needed, since they were kind of gone, now. 

He reined Damian around, slowly loping towards the corner of the building.

Despite fighting, Eloyse kept a wary eye on the red dot that was Iron Man, zooming all over the skies. The way he was acting, he must be on a sightseeing tour, Eloyse thought in disgust. Either that, or full Panic Mode.