Powers - 25

**Dedicated to AmeinaBrown and BernardEdward. Thank you for the nice comments!**

Eloyse rubbed her wrists in annoyance. The black bracelets around them could constrict, effectively cutting off her circulation. Her new "boss" was standing in the doorway of the room she'd just been shoved in. In his hand was the bracelet controller. He smirked at Eloyse.

"The serum should have made your powers enhanced. Use them in every way you can."

Eloyse sulkily didn't reply, sidling across the floor away from him. Two days ago they had taken a break on torturing her for information on the TT. Instead, she was turned over to the "doctors", who eagerly accepted her as their first Malental, and began enhancing her healing powers. Now the top guys wanted a demonstration of the progress. Eloyse felt like some sort of abused show horse.

A door on the far side of the room opened. A man stepped in. He was huge. Eloyse involuntarily stepped back, only to run into the wall. She nervously bit her lip, wiping her sweaty palms on her pants. He began stalking forward, a greed for violence in his eyes. She could clearly feel him, and he was all evil. She forced herself to step forward, gathering her powers. He lunged, chopping down at her with a huge hand. She dropped and rolled away, managing to brush his leg with her fingers as she passed. He let out a startled yelp as the nerves went dead and his leg collapsed under him. Eloyse was surprised as him. 

She had never been able to affect like that and still be so energized. Using the wall, he propped himself up and staggered toward Eloyse again. Suddenly eager, Eloyse moved forward to meet him. She pulled together her power, and he warily kept out of her reach. They circled each other, neither wanting to make the first move. Then the lights went out. It was utterly pitch black, the only light coming from the blue glow lighting Eloyse's hands. It was unnerving. And then that light was extinguished also. On cat feet, Eloyse stepped backward until she felt the wall, then followed it around until she judged she was behind the man. She lit both hands, thinking of him. And she wasn't the only thing that held blue.

Ten feet away was her enemy, his whole body glowing blue. Eloyse gave a surprised squeak, throwing up her hands to protect herself from whatever the man had conjured up. Nothing happened. She did, however, hear a loud crash, followed by soft groans and blinding light. Eloyse peeked up, shielding her eyes. He was lying against the far wall, slowly getting to his feet. Eloyse raised her head. The lights were back on.

Was someone here helping her? She showed her powers again. She stalked toward him, now only intent upon beating him and getting out of there. Facing her hands towards him, she narrowed her eyes. The blue glow surrounding her hands began slowly creeping over him. Eloyse was in wonder; he was in panic. He thrashed around, but the blue stayed. Eloyse suddenly pushed her hands together. The man's arms clamped by his side, and his legs came together as if tied. Experimenting, Eloyse drew her hands apart. The bond was lessened, allowing him to come charging toward her. Eloyse quickly closed her hands. His emotions hit Eloyse like a wave, visibly shaking her. She sucked in a sharp breath, dropping to her knees and dropping her hands completely. The man instantly charged towards her. She let out a little yelp, making a barrier right before he struck her. She held it steady, easily, as he furiously pounded on it. Her attention was drawn to the light tingling in her hands. Her eyes widened in fear.

A whispered, "No..." escaped her lips as her shield weakened. She glanced toward a camera, knowing that they were activating her bracelets. She was losing power. "Oh, sometimes I wish I could curse!" She snarled under her breath.

In a sudden fit of anger, she dropped the shield and let all her powers wrap around him, then swung her hands in a swiping motion. Even though the bracelets were activated, she had enough.