Ring Catch - 34

**Dedicated to bryww7. Picture is of Eloyse and her fighting gear.**

"We found the ring." Steve was talking fast, taking advantage of the short lull in the battle. Eloyse brightened considerably. Shyden just looked confused.

"Where is it?" Eloyse casually asked.

"In a double vault in the middle of the compound." Steve brushed some gritty dust off his shield. Bucky was sitting down, taking a breather. One by one, the team drifted into a loose retreat, taking a much needed break before the final assault. It was only when Steve counted heads before heading back into battle that he noticed the ones missing.

*********************

"Here, Shy, hold this." Eloyse handed Shyden her bow. He took it.

"I thought you left this."

"I did. Apparently the courier that went to our parents brought it back with him. I certainly appreciate it."

The bow was not the one that she'd been using. It was a special bow, crafted by a friend of theirs, Kaylor. He had put special touches on it. Shyden detached the small staff that ran the length of the strings. He set it down and notched an arrow he swiped from her quiver. Just as he was about to "test shoot", Eloyse's voice came from the other side of Damian.

"Don't you dare. I'll need all the arrows."

"Uhhg...." Shyden groaned in disappointment. "What if it doesn't work?" He slyly asked.

"Oh, puh-lease...." Eloyse's head popped over the saddle with a bored, indignant, and slightly hurt expression. "It's a bow!" She held out her hands, palms up, "How can a bow not work?"

******************

"This bow doesn't work!" Eloyse angrily jerked the small dagger from the bow handle, purposefully ignoring the snicker from a certain direction. The knife was double-edged, sharp as it could get. She set her back against a wall, ready to meet the raging agents they'd aroused. She growled and muttered angrily to herself the while. *how on Hopea can a bow NOT WORK? I mean, those were practically new strings! Kaylor replaced them two years ago, and I haven't done that much practice.* she neatly parried a blow from a rushing agent. 

"Eloyse! CATCH!"

Eloyse looked up in time to see something hurtling at her like a javelin thrown by a berserk man. Which it kinda was, only it was a boy, not man. Eloyse ducked, letting the short spear stab the wall where her head had been. "Hey! Watch the aim, bro!"

"Sorry sorry!"

Eloyse don't even bother pulling it out. She put her hand on the handle. Her fingers slid down, finding the small indents. Pressing her fingers gently, she heard the faint click that told her it was engaged. She drew forth her hidden prize. Encased in the hollow stem of the short spear was a gleaming sword.

Eloyse tucked the dagger in her belt. 

Swinging the sword in a wild arc around her, she let the sun flash off it. When the startled agents looked, she quickly created a sheet of light and put it over herself. The light blended with the surroundings, making her pretty much invisible. Which was good, because all the agents in the vicinity were looking. Attention off him, Shyden slipped out of sight.

Eloyse dropped the cloak of light, revealing herself. She lifted the sword upward in a slow, graceful manner, then swept it down. Thirteen sets of eyes followed it, hypnotized by the movement. Thirteen agents turned to fully face her. Then thirteen bloodthirsty people started for her. Eloyse let the light shield her again. She ambled away, not the least concerned. Her biggest worry came when an agent was right next to her. He abruptly jerked out his hand. Eloyse nimbly jumped sideways, barely avoiding the frustrated gesture.