Outta This World - 9

"Stop, now."

Eloyse reined in Damian so sharply he half-reared in protest. Where had that voice come from? She centered her attention where it seemed to have come from, tugging the reins to make Damian back up. He reluctantly did so. There was the crunch of leaves underfoot, and a woman appeared. The same redhead she'd seen before. She came from behind the trees. Crossing her arms, she looked up at Eloyse.

"Get down."

Eloyse gaze at her, blankly. She had just got her horse back, and she wasn't about to get down! Besides, this.. this human was dressed different. Something told Eloyse she wasn't from Hopea at all. The woman stepped closer, repeating her command in a sterner tone. Eloyse mutely stared, then with sudden inspiration, she put on a confused expression. This person wasn't from around here, and she decided to try and bluff her way through. She didn't say anything, and managed to not crack a smile when the woman demanded,

"Can you understand? Are you like, attached to the horse? Who are you?" 

Eloyse was silent. 

"What's your name?"

No answer.

"Are you broken?" She was getting impatient. "Habla Inglés?" She tried different languages, getting no response. Finally she pointed at Eloyse, then pointed at the ground. Eloyse couldn't see how even the dumbest person could mistake that, so she slid from the saddle, being careful to keep a good hold on her reins.

"Come on." the woman started to walk away, but stopped when Eloyse didn't move. She walked back, studying her new prisoner. Eloyse studied her back. The redhead threw up her hands in a gesture of defeat. "You are impossible." she reached out for Eloyse's hand, but Eloyse drew back.

"Alright, have it your way. But come." She motioned. Hesitantly, Eloyse followed. She didn't feel like trying to escape, and besides, she had to go in the direction the person was leading her anyway. She was silent as the redhead stalked before her, muttering under her breath. She suddenly made a sharp turn and took a path into a large clearing. Eloyse's eyes widened at the sight of a jet crash-landed in the middle of the clearing. That was the same jet! She peeked at the wings, seeing the logo. Yep, certainly the jet that had roared overhead not long ago, scaring her and the horses so badly. 

And obviously, they had not had a good landing. Eloyse tried to keep her smug happiness at bay. They deserved that! The redhead was talking into the air, and Eloyse glanced at her with a mixture of curiosity and fear she was with an insane person.

"I found somebody, a young girl. Why doesn't Rogers keep a lookout, while the rest of you guys come back?" she glanced at Eloyse, who's face went instantly blank. Shrugging, the woman turned away from her. Eloyse grinned to herself. She lightly vaulted onto Damian and swung him around. 

"Stop!" the cry from the redhead was ignored. Eloyse had places to go, brothers to save. She let Damian break into a trot, easily staying with the bumpy gait. She caught a glimpse of the woman flying toward her and ducked, but to no avail. She was knocked from the horse, and went rolling with the redhead. Damian gave a shrill squeal and bolted. Eloyse rolled over and got to her feet, watching the stallion disappear. 

Knowing her parents wouldn't approve, she still viciously swore under her breath. She quit when the woman looked at her. She glared murderously at the redhead, who became alert and carefully shifted into a better fighting stance. Eloyse turned away in disgust. Why did she have to go and scare way Damian? she inwardly wailed. She whistled, waiting for the horse to come back. He would, if he wasn't too scared. She walked several steps in the direction that he'd gone. The redhead moved with her, keeping within easy reach. Eloyse whistled again. She smiled faintly when she saw the redhead taking interest, looking from Eloyse to the woods and back.