02

"end up meeting in the hallway every single time,

and there's nothing we can do about it"

only angel - harry styles

--

It had to have been at least 20 minutes since Stefan and Damon left, and Lily was still stuck sitting in the car. She was annoyed more than anything, and it was starting to get quite stuffy in the vehicle.

Deciding she wanted some fresh air, Lily opened the door and climbed out, shutting it behind her as she took in a breath of air. Lily leaned against the hood of the car, staring into the distance at the old house.

It looked quite creepy, if she was being honest. Why was Elena there, of all places? Who had even taken her?

Lily started to get antsy, confused as to why they were taking so long. She knew they would be upset if she didn't follow their orders, but she didn't care at that point.

Lily felt useless just standing back and waiting.

So, she locked the car and jogged through the field towards the house. As Lily got closer, she realized how large it actually was. Not to mention, it looked incredibly ancient.

Lily walked up the steps, hearing voices from inside the building. She started rethinking her decision, realizing that she had absolutely nothing to defend herself with. She looked down at her ankle, seeing the anklet Elena had given her a few months before. Well, at least she knew she wouldn't be compelled.

Lily grabbed the door handle, taking in a deep breath as she opened it. But, she only got a quick glance of the house before someone shut the door and slammed her against it. The person who had pinned her against the wall was clearly strong, since she felt a sharp pain in her back.

Lily groaned slightly in pain, opening her eyes to be met with an unfamiliar face. He was tall, with chocolate eyes and light brown hair. Not to mention, he was quite fit. Lily let in a short breath as he scanned over her face, a confused look resting on his face as he took in a short breath. His expression slowly changed to a small smirk, causing Lily to swallow the lump in her throat. The two were quite close, and Lily was positive he could feel her shortened breath on his skin.

"Well, hello there." He said quietly, still holding Lily against the door so she couldn't escape. "If you still think you can beat me, I've got your friend, here. She looks quite tasty." He threatened, clearly trying to coax Damon and Stefan to surrender.

He leaned over and grabbed the coat rack, ripping it off from the base while keeping her pinned down with one of his arms. Lily's breathing picked up slightly, watching as he grabbed it, afraid he would use it against her.

"I'll come with you." Lily heard Elena's voice as the man turned around. She was up on the stairs, and she sent Lily a confused look. Lily was the last person Elena was expecting to see. "Please don't hurt my friends, they were just trying to help me out." She explained, gasping as the man vamped up to her. Lily let out a small breath, slowly moving over so she could try and get into the other room.