27

--

After Lily spent the night with Elijah, they quickly learned that Finn had died, courtesy of Stefan and Elena.

What they didn't realize, though, was that killing Finn killed off his entire bloodline of vampires, meaning if they killed any other original, their bloodline would die, too.

Elijah was upset about his brothers death, but he got over it, knowing how disloyal Finn had been to their family.

Stefan, Damon and Elena had also locked Alaric up in the Salvatore house in hopes of finding the last stake that they had promised Klaus.

As much as Lily wanted to stay with Elijah, she knew it was best to get up the next morning and go visit Alaric. She needed to make sure he was okay.

So, Lily left the Mikaelson home, making her way over to the Salvatore house, where Elena, Stefan and Damon were.

Once she got there, she walked in, not bothering to knock. She had been there enough times to know that they didn't mind.

"Elena?" Lily called out, walking through the house to try and find her sister. She walked into the study, only to be met with the three people she was looking for. "Where is he?" Lily asked, walking towards the group.

"The basement." Elena replied, sighing softly as she grabbed her jacket. "He's not in the best mood, but he'll probably be happy you made an effort." She added, smiling softly at Lily, who nodded in response.

Lily quickly made her way down to the basement, heading over to the cellar that Alaric was in.

"Alaric?" Lily called out, walking closer to the door.

"I'm here." Alaric replied, letting out a small breath as he turned towards the door, watching the brunette walk inside.

"Hey, how are you doing?" Lily asked, putting her hands in her pockets as she looked at him. He looked exhausted, if she was being honest, but she didn't blame him.

"I'm fine. I feel like I haven't seen you in a while. What's been going on?" Alaric asked, quickly changing the subject. He wanted nothing more than to get out of the cellar, and he didn't want to be reminded that he was locked in there.

"Not much." Lily replied, sighing out softly as she leaned against the wall. "I've been with Elijah." She admitted, glancing over at Alaric, who nodded slightly.

"I figured as much. You really trust him?" Alaric asked, folding his hands in his lap as he looked up at Lily.

"I do." Lily responded truthfully, looking over at Alaric. "I love him, Ric. He's been there for me, he makes me happy, he's protected me." She added, watching as Alaric leaned his head against the wall.

"As long as he makes you happy, and he doesn't hurt you again." Alaric stated, looking over at the eldest Gilbert. "I'm happy for you, Lily. You seem better now." He added, smiling slightly at her. Alaric cared about all three Gilbert siblings, especially after they lost Jenna. All he wanted was to see them happy.

"Don't get all sappy on me, Ric." Lily teased, smiling softly at Alaric, who chuckled softly. "I'll leave you to it. Holler if you need anything, we all know Damon and Stefan will be able to hear you." She added, smiling once more at him before leaving the cellar, shutting and locking the door behind her.

Lily walked upstairs, only to be met with Stefan, who glanced over at her from his spot on the couch.

"Hey.. Where are Elena and Damon?" Lily asked, confused as to where they could have gone while she was with Alaric.