update.

hi everyone!

first of all, thank you so much for 200k reads! i'm beyond grateful for all of you and the love you have shown this book.

obviously, i wrote this book over a year ago and it was my first time writing anything.

i made some clear mistakes while writing, and i'd really like to address those right now since people have (rightfully so) called me out on it.

i am fully aware now that i whitewashed naomi scott to fit the role of a gilbert sibling.

when i wrote this, i hadn't taken the time to fully educate myself on how actresses have been whitewashed and what that even meant. i also didn't take the time to research naomi's ethnicity and how that should be taken into account when casting her.

i take full responsibility for this, and in no way am i trying to push it to the side and forget about it. but, i truly do apologize for this and know that it was wrong, and i should have taken the time to educate myself.

moving forward, i reply hope that you will continue to call me out on any mistakes i make in my writing and choices as an author.

furthermore, i'd like to fix this without just sweeping it under the rug, as in no way am i trying to pretend it never happened.

so, i guess my question is, what do you guys think would be best? i think switching the actress would be the most logical option, this time with an actress who fits the role to ensure i am not whitewashing.

but, i truly do not want to pretend like this never happened, and by switching the actress, i'm worried that's what it would come across as.

so, please, if you have any insight let me know!

again, sorry this took so long for me to do, i took a break from wattpad and in the times that i logged in i realized i had messed up, and that people had been commenting. so, i waited until i fully returned to make this apology.

but, since i am hopefully getting back into writing & will be starting some new books, please don't hesitate to reach out if you ever need anything.