09

--

--

That night, Lily made her way to the school to meet up with everyone for the dance.

Damon had told her they were both on the list of chaperones, so she had to dress to blend in with the crowd. They couldn't "risk being seen" or something like that.

So, Lily threw on a patterned dress and some white ankle booties, curling her hair before tying it up in a ponytail. She figured it was fitting enough to the theme, considering it was the sixties.

When Lily got to the school, she immediately walked into the gym to find everyone.

She spotted Damon, Elena, Stefan, Jeremy and Bonnie across the floor and made her way over to them, smiling slightly as she approached them.

"Hey, are you sure you're good with this? I know how dangerous using that much power can get." Lily turned to Bonnie, looking at her with a concerned look on her face.

"I'll be okay. Promise." Bonnie replied, smiling up at Lily in reassurance. Bonnie knew the consequences of using that much magic, but she would do whatever it took, even if it meant she had to risk her life for her friends.

Lily nodded slightly, turning her attention to the stage, where a girl was standing, giving some announcement to the students.

"Thanks for coming everyone!" She exclaimed, smiling as everyone cheered and clapped for her. "We have a special shout-out tonight. This is for Elena. From Klaus." She continued, and Lily felt her blood go cold. They should have known Klaus would be one step ahead of them.

They all looked at each other, and knew they were all thinking the same thing. Klaus was there, at the school, most likely in the gym somewhere.

Lily felt surrounded suddenly, and she couldn't help but feel as though she was being watched. Just knowing Klaus was near her made her want to vomit.

"That was a lame, cheap shot." Damon scoffed, shaking his head as they made their way through the crowd. "He's just trying to bait us." Damon wasn't impressed, he honestly expected more violence from an Original, considering how Elijah acted.

"I know everyone here." Elena pointed out, looking around the room with fear in her eyes.

"Maybe he's not here." Stefan spoke up, shrugging as he looked down at Elena. "He just wants us to believe he is."

"It's a party, people. Blend. Let him come to us." Damon interjected, grabbing Lily's wrist as he smirked slightly. "You're with me tonight." He spoke to her, and she rolled her eyes.

"Lucky me." Lily replied, sighing softly as she followed Damon through the crowd towards Alaric. The last person she wanted to be with was Damon, but she also really didn't feel like third-wheeling with Elena and Stefan.

"Special dedication, huh?" Alaric asked when he noticed them walk up to him. "This guy's a little twisted." He continued, looking around the gym as Damon and Lily did the same, trying to see if they could catch a glimpse of the infamous Klaus.