24

--

A little while after Elijah dropped Lily off at her house and took Elena with him to talk, Lily got a call from Stefan.

"Stefan?" Lily asked when she picked up, confused as to why he was calling her. She hadn't heard from him in a few days.

"Have you seen Elena?" He asked and Lily bit her lip, debating on whether to tell him.

"Uh.. No. I haven't." Lily replied, to which he chuckled lowly. He could tell she was lying through her teeth.

"Lily, you're an awful liar, you know that?" Stefan retorted, causing Lily to sigh out softly.

"Look, Stefan, I can't tell you. But she's fine." Lily replied, rolling her eyes at him as she furrowed her eyebrows slightly. "Wait, where are you?" Lily heard shuffling on the other end.

"I'm coming over." Stefan said, right before hanging up. Lily groaned out softly in annoyance, shoving her phone in her pocket before leaving her bedroom. She walked downstairs, knowing Stefan would be there any moment.

She wasn't wrong, either, since Stefan burst through the front door a few minutes later.

"Where is she?" Stefan demanded, walking over to Lily. She had rarely seen Stefan like this, and when she did, it was usually towards Damon.

"I'll tell you if you tell me what Esther is planning." Lily countered, causing him to narrow his eyes. He had promised Elena he wouldn't tell Lily. But, he had to make sure Elena was okay.

"Fine. I'll explain it on the way." Stefan replied, grabbing her arm before she could protest and leading her out to his car.

On the drive there, Stefan told Lily that Esther was planning on killing all of her kids. He told her the reason Elena didn't want her knowing was because of Elijah. It made sense why Elena kept it from Lily, but she didn't understand why Elena was willing to let all of them die.

After he told her this, Lily told him that Elena was talking with Elijah, but that she didn't know where he had taken her. Which was the truth, since Elijah didn't tell her before they left.

Stefan was mad at Elijah, to say the least, and dragged Lily into the house by her arm when they got to the Salvatore house.

"Damon, I know where she is." Stefan called out, dragging Lily behind him as they walked. When they turned the corner, they saw Elijah sitting in a chair, with Damon standing across from him.

"Elijah?" Lily asked, confused as to why he was there. She thought he was talking with Elena, and wondered immediately if he had lied to her.

"Lily, what are you doing?" Elijah asked, his face tightening as he looked at Lily from across the room, glancing down at Stefan's grip on her wrist. He wouldn't hesitate to kill him if he hurt her. "Hello, Stefan." Elijah added, looking up to meet Stefan's glare.

"Where is she?" Stefan demanded, still holding onto Lily's arm. Stefan knew he could use Lily as bait against Elijah, but he wouldn't do it unless he absolutely had to.

"She's with Rebekah." Elijah responded simply, looking at Damon and Stefan. "As you can imagine, my sister is just dying to tear her throat out." He added, causing Lily to widen her eyes slightly. She couldn't believe he was saying that after what him and Lily had promised each other. "So, if you want to save Elena's life, I need you to help me stop my mother."