32

--

Lily was up in her room, sitting by her window as she looked outside.

It was pitch-black outside, and the moon was lit, brighter than ever.

Lily didn't want to feed. She didn't want to become the monster she knew she would. She didn't want to kill people, or even feed from them. She didn't want to crave blood.

"Have the cravings started?" Elijah's voice snapped her out of her thoughts, causing her to glance over at him. He was leaning against the doorframe, his eyes not leaving hers. "I'm sure you are starting to become overwhelmed with your senses." He added, causing Lily to look back out the window.

Lily didn't want to admit that he was right. She felt like she could hear every little noise within a mile radius. She was hungry, too, and she knew it wasn't for food. It was for blood.

"I know why you don't want to turn." Elijah spoke again, this time walking over to her window. He sat down next to her, glancing over her face as she looked out the window. "You think we are monsters. And, maybe, we are. But, I'm here. I want to help you, Lily." He pleaded with her, causing her to look in his direction.

"I don't want your help. I'm sorry, Elijah. I love you more than anything, but I can't do this." Lily breathed out, feeling tears well up in her eyes. "I don't want to hurt people." She added, her voice softer this time.

"You don't have to. Please, Lily. I can't live without you. I'm not letting you go because Niklaus made an irresponsible decision." Elijah argued, his voice stern, yet calming. He wasn't there to prevent her from death the first time, but he would do everything in his power to prevent it now.

"I wanted to live, Elijah. I wanted kids, I wanted to grow old, die at a normal age." Lily explained, leaning her head against the wall as she looked at him. "I don't even feel like myself anymore." She added truthfully, feeling as if a stranger had overtaken her body.

"We can get out of Mystic Falls for a while. I'll take you somewhere, train you, teach you, whatever you want." Elijah begged her, hoping more than anything that she would give in. "Your siblings need you right now. I need you." Elijah continued, his eyes locked with hers. "Please don't leave me." He added, causing Lily's face to soften slightly.

Lily thought back to the promises they had made. He had promised not to leave her, and he was giving her the chance to fulfill her end.

"Okay." Lily replied, her voice quiet. Elijah felt a wave of relief crash through him, and he wanted nothing more than to love the girl in front of him endlessly, for the rest of his life. "But, I'm not drinking from the vein." She added, causing Elijah to nod slightly.

"I figured you would say that. So, I brought you this." Elijah stated, pulling a blood bag out of his suit pocket. "Stefan arrived not too long ago, and he brought this, knowing you would need to feed." He explained, watching as Lily tensed up slightly, her eyes fixed on the bag. "I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere." Elijah added, holding the blood bag out for her.

Lily hesitated, but took it from his grasp slowly. She untwisted the cap, bringing it up to her lips hesitantly. Elijah watched veins appear under her eyes as her irises turned red, and he knew how hungry she must've been.

Lily drank slowly at first, but once she felt the liquid in her throat, she immediately drank faster, her hand clutching at the bag. She closed her eyes, feeling ten times better than before as she finished off the entire bag of blood.