17

--

Later that evening, Lily threw on a dress she found in the back of her closet and got ready to be a "chaperone" for the dance.

Elena decided to stake Rebekah, thinking it would be best if she wasn't involved in their plan. Elena thought she might betray them, and Lily couldn't help but agree.

But, there was a wrench thrown in their plans when the gym was flooded, and the dance was cancelled. Caroline was pissed, obviously, so Tyler moved the dance to his place instead.

Elena had tried everything to get Lily to stay home, but she refused. Lily was glad Katherine was stepping in to trick Klaus and Mikael into thinking she was Elena so she wouldn't get hurt, but she wanted to be there when Klaus was killed to see it for herself.

So, Matt went with Katherine, who was pretending to be Elena, while Elena stayed home.

Lily went with Stefan to the Lockwood's, walking into the backyard beside him as they looked around.

"How many people did Tyler invite?" Lily asked, glancing at all of the tipsy teenagers dancing to the music coming from the live band.

"I have no idea." Stefan admitted, looking around before he spotted Tyler.

"Hey, Stefan, Lily. What's up?" Tyler asked, grinning as he turned to face them, a box of beer in his hands.

"Nice party you have going on here." Stefan commented, glancing down at Tyler, who shook his head slightly.

"Thanks, but I'm not the one throwing it." Tyler replied, causing Lily to furrow her eyebrows slightly in confusion. "I'm just doing what Klaus wants." Those words made her blood go cold.

"What did you just say?" Lily asked, not believing what Tyler was telling them.

"It's not a party. It's a wake." Tyler replied, grinning at them before walking away, into the crowd of teenagers.

"Good evening, everyone!" They heard Klaus' voice, causing them to turn towards the stage.

"What the hell?" Lily muttered, glancing up at Stefan, who was just as confused as she was.

"I want to thank you all for being here with me to celebrate." Klaus stated, looking around before his eyes landed on Stefan and Lily. "It's been a long time coming." He added, smirking slightly at Stefan, who tensed up a bit.

Klaus walked off the stage, heading straight for them when he did.

Stefan and Lily started to walk beside Klaus, and even being that close to him gave Lily shivers. He creeped her out.

"Quite the homecoming." Stefan commented, his hands in his pockets as he spoke to Klaus.

"I've been planning my father's funeral for 1,000 years." Klaus replied, glancing over at Stefan and Lily as he spoke.

"Are you going to stop running from him now?" Lily asked, looking up at Klaus as he smirked slightly.

"Now, I reunite my family." Klaus replied, stopping to turn and face Stefan and Lily.

He meant his siblings, which included Elijah. Lily swallowed the lump in her throat, averting her gaze from Klaus. She didn't want him to know the affect he had on her. But, Klaus had noticed, and was already smirking.

"Your family.. as in, the people you cart around in caskets?" Stefan asked, crossing his arms as he raised his eyebrows at the Original.

"None of that matters anymore." Klaus replied stiffly, looking directly at Stefan now. "Mikael's gone. Bygones will be bygones." He shrugged, before smirking slightly. "Seems the homecoming queen still walks among the living, which leads me to believe Rebekah isn't here. Where is she?" Klaus asked, a suspicious look on his face.