26

WARNING: mature content ahead! don't read if you're not comfortable with it :)

--

After Lily showered and got changed, her and Elijah had spent the entire afternoon together.

They talked about everything that came to mind. Their pasts, how Lily had spent her summer working at the grill, their families.

They got to know each other better, and it brought them even closer.

But, as Elijah and Lily were eating the dinner that Elijah had cooked for them, Elena and Alaric came home.

Alaric had been released from jail after the sheriff deemed him innocent, but it wasn't over quite yet.

Elijah quickly excused himself from the house when Elena and Alaric arrived, much to Lily's protests. He knew they had things to talk about, and he would be able to see Lily after.

Elena and Lily found out that night that Alaric actually was the killer, but he didn't realize it.

The reason he didn't know was because his ring had given him an "alter-ego" that wanted to kill members of the founding families. That explained why he had attacked himself, too.

Alaric had even gone as far as trying to attack Meredith, Elena and Lily shortly after he was released from jail.

This pushed them to take further action, and Damon volunteered to keep an eye on Alaric to make sure he didn't kill anyone else. Bonnie had found some herbs to try and reverse the effects of the ring, and Lily hoped more than anything it would work.

She couldn't keep losing people she cared about.

Meanwhile, Klaus, Rebekah and Elijah had brought Finn back to Mystic Falls.

Lily found this out when she had gone to visit Elijah at their house one afternoon. He explained to her that they were going to attempt to unlink Finn from them. Lily understood why they wanted to do this, considering things had gotten too risky with their mother.

"Do you think you'll be able to undo her spell?" Lily asked, sitting on the sofa in the Mikaelson home as Elijah paced the room. Elijah would have responded, but Klaus walked in, interrupting them.

"Ah, Lily. To what do we owe the pleasure?" Klaus asked, smirking slightly as he walked towards the sofa. Elijah sent him a look of warning, stopping his pacing so he could make sure Klaus wouldn't do anything.

"I was just explaining to her why Finn is here." Elijah replied, shoving his hands in his pockets as Klaus sat down on the chair across from Lily.

"That's right, almost forgot about our little problem." Klaus stated, shrugging his shoulders slightly as he glanced at his brother. "I've got it under control, though, as usual." He added, smirking softly at Lily from across the room.

"Did you come in here to say something useful or are you just going to sit there and annoy us?" Lily asked, crossing her arms as she leaned back into the sofa. Klaus clenched his jaw slightly, standing up from the chair. Elijah was quick to vamp in front of him, raising his eyebrows.

"Why don't you leave, Niklaus?" Elijah suggested, his eyes narrowing at his brother. He could tell Lily didn't want him there, and if Elijah was being honest, he didn't, either.

"Alright. You two lovebirds have fun, then." Klaus replied through gritted teeth, glancing over at Lily before walking out of the room.

Elijah turned to Lily once he was gone, noticing how her shoulders had tensed up slightly. He walked over to the couch, sitting down next to her as he met her gaze.