03

"your type of mind, so hard to find,

native of mine, you're just my kind."

lonely heart - 5sos

--

When they got back from the weird encounter with Elijah at the apartment, Damon proceeded to tell them that Stefan got himself stuck in the tomb with Katherine.

Elena wasn't happy about this, obviously, so Damon was attempting to keep her away from the tomb by locking her in the house. Lily was okay with this, considering she knew Elena would probably try to do something stupid if Damon didn't stop her.

Bonnie told them the moonstone was binding the curse, so she was going to try a spell that would unbind it, which would make the stone useless. Lily knew Bonnie was powerful, but she didn't want her to go through a lot of trouble if it was going to hurt her. Bonnie had never wanted to be part of this in the first place.

Lily was still upset with Elena for the stunt she pulled at the apartment. Jeremy wasn't happy either, and he let her know the morning after they got home. Elena thought she was protecting everyone she loved, but in reality, she was hurting them more by going on her suicide mission.

Jeremy and Lily were staying home with Elena the entire day to make sure she wouldn't do anything stupid, while Damon and Bonnie went off to figure some things out to try and unbind the moonstone.

"Elena, I'm starving, so I'm gonna go make some dinner." Lily said, leaning in her sister's bedroom doorway. "Want some?" She asked, watching as Elena closed her journal and nodded, standing up.

"Yeah, that sounds great, actually." Elena replied, following Lily out of her room. As they were walking down the stairs, they heard noises from the kitchen.

"Is Jenna home?" Lily asked, furrowing her eyebrows as they turned the corner. Lily spotted their aunt, kneeling down and rifling through boxes in the closet.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Elena asked, causing their aunt to look up from where she was crouched down.

"Oh, perfect timing." Jenna replied, handing them each a box full of random items they had never seen before.

"What is this?" Lily asked, struggling to hold the box in her arms due to how heavy it was.

"Your mom's files from the historical society." Jenna replied, going through some papers as Elena and Lily sent each other a look of confusion. "I got roped in to helping Mrs. Lockwood." Jenna finished, and Lily nodded slightly, knowing how much help the mayor probably needed nowadays.

"And by roped, I mean very excited to participate." Jenna said, a smile on her face as she shut the closet door, causing both Elena and Lily to gasp out quietly at what they saw.