10

--

--

Bonnie ended up being okay after taking on Klaus, which relieved everyone. They were all glad she made it out alive, because they knew they would not survive without her. Plus, she didn't deserve to die like that. Not because of Klaus.

The next morning, Lily woke up to her phone ringing loudly, bringing her out of a deep sleep. Groaning as she rubbed her eyes, she sat up and grabbed her phone from the table beside her bed.

"Hello?" Lily spoke groggily, answering the call without bothering to look at who it was.

"Lily, I need you to meet me." Lily heard Elena's voice, causing her to furrow her eyebrows in confusion. She quickly sat up out of bed, throwing the sheets off of her.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" Lily asked, standing up as she heard Elena sigh out softly. Lily's immediate thought was that Elena was in danger.

"I just need you to meet me. Don't tell Jeremy or Jenna, please. You can trust me." Elena pleaded with her older sister, and Lily sighed out, nodding slightly.

"Okay, where?" Lily asked, heading over to her closet to grab some clothes to quickly change into.

"The Lockwood's. See you in a few." Elena replied quickly, before hanging up. Lily frowned at the sudden disconnect, wondering why Elena was in such a rush, and why she had called her, instead of Stefan or Damon. Usually they were her go-to when she needed help, not that Lily minded much, considering they were probably a lot more helpful than her.

Lily quickly got dressed, brushing out her tangly hair and slipping her shoes on before heading downstairs. She made sure not to make any noise, not wanting to wake Jeremy or Jenna up. After shutting the front door behind her, she quickly headed towards her car that was parked along the curb.

Once she got in, she immediately drove to the Lockwood's, her mind racing with possibilities. Lily was worried Elena was in danger; maybe Klaus had gotten to her again.

As Lily pulled up to the Lockwood's house, she noticed Elena's car in the driveway. Lily quickly got out of her car, rushing up the steps before bursting through the door. She didn't care who was home, she just wanted to make sure her sister was alright.

"Elena?" Lily called out, looking around the house in search of her sister. The Lockwood's home was quite large, and she could hear her voice echoing back to her, bouncing off the walls.

She then turned her head towards the living room, her eyes landing on Elena, who was sitting down on one of the chairs. Lily glanced at the man next to her, who immediately stood up once he saw her, his eyes fixed on hers.

"Elijah?" Lily breathed out, her eyes widening as Elijah looked at her, a soft smile creeping on his face upon seeing the girl he had thought about since the moment he had woken up. "How..?" Lily trailed off, glancing over at Elena. Lily thought he was still dead, and to say she was surprised to see him was an understatement.