04

"when i see you,

"when i see you,

i forget to breathe."

breathe - astrid s

--

After the encounter Lily and Elena had with Elijah, Lily was feeling a little more assured that no one she loved was going to get hurt, including Elena. Elijah seemed serious about the deal he made with her, and for some reason, Lily felt like she could trust him.

Elijah seemed noble, which was probably why Lily was so drawn to him. He had a way with words, and that might have been due to the fact that he used words like "perhaps" and "shall".

Whatever it was, he had completely reeled Lily in.

While Elena and Lily had been busy with Elijah, Rose had been bitten by a werewolf named Jules that apparently knew Mason and Tyler. It was all rushed out by Damon, and the girls had a hard time comprehending what he was trying to tell them over the phone. But, what they got out of it was that Jules meant to bite him, not Rose.

They didn't know what Damon had done to make her so upset, but it wasn't rare that someone sought to kill him.

Lily knew a werewolf's bite could kill a vampire, but she had never actually seen how nasty they could get. When Elena and Lily went to visit Rose to see how she was doing, they saw the bite, and it was worse than anyone would have expected.

It was incredibly inflamed, and it was starting to get infected, with yellow and red streaks covering her shoulder. Lily didn't understand, if vampires could heal so quickly, how could one bite hurt them so badly?

Damon tried everything to find a cure for Rose, and the girls knew he cared about her more than he was letting on. He even went back to Jules to ask her for a cure, but she was no help, stating that the only cure was death. Unfortunately, he couldn't find one in time, and Rose ended up dying from the bite.

Lily and Elena both felt bad, but Rose had never really been there for them when they needed her. She had always rushed out at the worst moments, including when Elijah had shown up at Slater's apartment.

Not to mention, another surprise decided to make it's way back to Mystic Falls. Uncle John.

John wouldn't tell them why he was actually in Mystic Falls, and it put everyone on edge. He always came at the most inconvenient times, and they didn't need him to be bothering everyone. Especially when they already had Klaus to deal with.

Jenna wasn't happy he was home, either, and she practically told him off the second she saw him. Of course, this was all before John dropped the bomb that he was Elena's biological father, leaving Elena no time to tell Jenna herself.

Plus, Damon had quickly moved on from Rose to a new woman named Andie. She was a newscaster, and she seemed way too nice for Damon. Lily kind of felt bad for her, since they all knew she was being compelled.