28

--

Lily had spent the night at the Mikaelson home again, and she had started to keep a drawer full of her things in Elijah's room. Clothes, mainly, only because she never had any to change into in the mornings.

After Lily had gotten dressed that morning, she went to find Elijah, who had woken up much earlier than her. She found Elijah in the study, sitting on the sofa reading a book, while Klaus was painting.

"What are you painting?" Lily asked, walking over to Klaus after sending a soft smile towards Elijah.

"Now, why should I tell you? I thought you despised me." Klaus replied, smirking softly as he continued to paint. Lily rolled her eyes slightly, leaning against the wall as she looked at him.

"I do. Doesn't stop my curiosity, though." Lily replied, before turning around to face Elijah. She walked over to the sofa, sitting next to him. "You left the bed early." She spoke softly, causing Elijah to look up from his book, closing it as he nodded.

"I didn't want to wake you, you looked peaceful." Elijah replied, setting his book on the table as he looked up at her, a soft smile on his lips.

Rebekah then walked in, heading straight for Klaus without even bothering to look at Elijah or Lily.

"What took you so long?" Klaus asked when Rebekah walked in, continuing to paint on his easel.

"Alaric didn't want to hand over the stake. Luckily, I'm quite the charmer." Rebekah explained, pulling the stake out from under her coat and holding it in the air to show Klaus.

"You didn't hurt him, right?" Lily spoke up, watching as Rebekah turned to her with a look of slight confusion on her face.

"He's fine." Rebekah replied, glancing over Lily before turning back to Klaus. Lily didn't know what she did to make Rebekah start hating her again, but she figured she would just stay out of it after that. "Do you want to do the honors, or shall I?" Rebekah asked, holding the stake out to Klaus, who had stopped painting to face his sister.

Klaus grabbed the stake, throwing it in the fire before turning back to his painting.

"Well, that's that then." Rebekah stated, before turning around to walk out of the room. Before she could, though, Klaus spoke up as he started to paint again.

"Pack your bags, we're leaving." Klaus stated, causing Lily to furrow her eyebrows in confusion. Elijah hadn't said anything about leaving.

"Today?" Rebekah asked, turning back around to face Klaus. Elijah had sat up slightly, watching the conversation between his siblings.

"Why not? There's nothing keeping us here. Elijah has decided to stay here, but we can grab the doppelgänger and we'll be off by sunset." Klaus added, causing Lily to widen her eyes and stand up quickly.

"If you think you can just take Elena whenever you want, you're wrong." Lily stated, crossing her arms as she sent a glare to the Original, who set his paintbrush down to turn and face her.

"I'd watch your tongue. I think you're forgetting I can do whatever I want." Klaus replied, walking away from his easel to stand next to Rebekah.

"You'll have a lot of people to go through." Lily warned, causing Klaus to chuckle lowly.

"I'll kill them. Including you." Klaus threatened, his eyes narrowing at the girl in front of him. Elijah stood up, stepping in front of Lily slightly to look at Klaus.