23

--

The day after the ball, Lily woke up to an empty bed.

She figured Elijah would have left before she woke up, but she was still disappointed to wake up to cold sheets.

Elijah didn't carry around a cell phone, as far as she knew, and so it's not like she could have texted him, either.

So, Lily decided to take a visit to the Mikaelson home, hoping she would find him there.

Lily drove over to the house after she got dressed, parking her car in the driveway before getting out. Lily walked up the steps, and before she could even knock, the door swung open to reveal Klaus.

"Lily, what a lovely surprise." Klaus smirked down at Lily as she smiled slightly. "Do come in." He added, stepping aside so she could walk in.

"Is Elijah here?" Lily asked, glancing around the large house.

"He is, actually. Follow me." Klaus replied, leading her up the stairs to find Elijah.

When they got upstairs, Klaus led Lily into one of the many rooms in the house, and she saw Kol sitting down on the couch. When Kol saw Lily, he stood up immediately, grinning widely.

"Looking for Elijah, I presume?" Kol asked, walking over to Lily as she nodded slightly.

Before Lily could actually say anything, though, Elijah walked up behind them, stepping beside Lily as he glanced down at her. Elijah had heard her voice from the other room, and didn't want her to be left alone with his siblings.

"Lily." Elijah greeted Lily, his lips curving up slightly before frowning. "What are you doing here?" He asked, curious as to why she had shown up at their home.

"You don't really have a phone or anything, so I couldn't text you." Lily replied, causing Klaus to smirk at her response.

"You should probably get on that, mate." Klaus sat down on the couch, pulling out a sketchbook as he looked at Elijah. "It's how people communicate these days." He added, as Elijah sent him a tight-lipped smile.

"You shouldn't be here." Elijah stated, turning to Lily as he gazed over her face. He knew how his family could be sometimes. Lily was about to respond, but Kol cut in.

"Why not, Elijah? Embarrassed of us?" Kol asked, faking a hurt expression as he looked at Elijah.

Then, Rebekah walked in, still in her gown from the ball, which averted Kol's attention.

"Ah, there's our girl!" Kol exclaimed, walking up in front of her to prevent her from leaving the room.

"Get out of my way, Kol." Rebekah demanded, looking down at her brother as he smirked slightly.

"Out all night. What a scandal." Kol grinned slightly, raising an eyebrow. "I trust you did better than that commoner. Matt, was it?" Rebekah rolled her eyes at this, still trying to get around him.

"If you don't shut your mouth, the next thing to come out of it will be your teeth." Rebekah warned, scowling down at her brother. This caused Klaus to laugh from his seat on the couch. "Don't start, Nik." She walked over to him, not acknowledging Elijah or Lily.

"I didn't say anything." Klaus replied, shrugging slightly. Elijah was slightly embarrassed that Lily had to see this.

"I'm bored." Kol states, sighing as he flopped down into a chair. "What were you two lovebirds up to last night, hm? I noticed you weren't home till early this morning, Elijah." Kol added, smirking at his brother from where he sat in the chair. Kol thought back to that morning, when Elijah had strolled in as the sun was rising, attempting to draw no attention to himself. He failed, of course, and Kol knew exactly what he had been up to.