Chapter 39-Taken.... Wait

Kirishima's POV
Denki and I laugh, entering the grocery store. "Dude, that was killing-" I look down, it has only been a week since John passed and since he had found Kat. I look down at the rings I bought us. I hadn't given it to him yet, but...

"Just... no more dead jokes right now, okay?" Denki nods as we make our way to the fruit isle. "Why do we need apples again?" I grab one, "Kat's birthdays soon, and he really likes apple pie, so... Hawks offered to help me."

"Last time I checked, he burned Ramen in the microwave."

I grab about 5 apples, then we walk toward the cake batter. My phone rings. "Hey!" "Hey Ei, what's up?"

"You like Apple Pie right?" I hear Midoriya giggle, "Kacchan LOVES Apple Pie!" "I SAID KEEP IT QUIET! Yeah, I love Apple Pie." Denki waves to the two new staff. I wave as well. We walk up to check out.

"Be sure to check out dispatch today, Ei. My mom is working there and really wants to hear from you." I giggle, handing the cashier my credit card. "Yes, I will. Denks is gonna tag along if that's alright." "Of course, Ei. I don't fucking care, it's Denki."

We walk out of the grocery store, making our way towards the 911 operator building, "How's being stuck in Midoriya's room going?" "Fuck. You know, FUCKING ICY-HOT stops by here EVERY. SINGLE. HOUR." Denki points to the cross walk. "You know Kat. That seems pretty usual."

We walk in, the security guard looks up, "And who are you here for?" "Mitsuki Bakugou." "I'll call and check, one second." Kat laughs, "That's what you get nerd!" "Kacchan pushes me off the bed, Kirishima~Kun!" "Kat!"

"You can take the elevator, I'll give you the guest passes." The security guard hands me a pass and hits the button in the elevator. Just as the doors closed, 5 policemen walk in.

"I'm almost to your mother, Kat. Why did she want to see me, again?" "You're her "FaVoRiTe FrIeNd" or some shit." I laugh, Denki points to the elevator door. "Dude, this is nice." "Well, I should let you go-" "Wait, what if your mom wants to talk to you?" "Shit. Your right."

The elevator doors open, revealing Mitsuki. "Mitsuki!" Denki stands there in shook, "Bakugou?" Mitsuki laughs, "It's nice to see you Kirishima." "Yeah, it's nice to see you as well. What's up? "EI DON'T FUCKING IGNORE ME!"

Mitsuki takes the phone, berating Kat. I laugh, as the elevator doors open again, this time with three police officers. Denki nods to them, as Mitsuki gives me my phone back. "Hey Kat." "Yeah?" Mitsuki looks at the police officers, "Guess I'm doing a sit-along today. Well it was nice-"

I watch as a police officer holds up a gun to all three of us, "GET DOWN! AND GET OFF THE PHONE!"

I lift the phone to my ear, "Ei? Ei? CHRIST, THIS STUPID THING." "Kat. I wanna say, I really, really love you."

I hang up.

Bakugou's POV
"Ei?" I look at my phone, then at Deku. "Kacchan, I didn't like the way his voice sounded..." I try to call him back, "Hey, bro! Sorry I'm out right now-" Straight to voicemail.

"I'm going to Aizawa...." Deku trails behind me. Caterpillar is sitting on the couch, drinking some type of hot liquid, with a cat in his lap. "Aizawa. I just got off the phone with Ei. He sounded distressed." Aizawa looks at me, "I'm sure he's just worried about getting you the wrong thing... Have Mina call him."

I roll my eyes, going to Alien. "Yeah. Yeah. I'll call him." She grabs her phone, hitting a couple of buttons, and pulls it up to her ear.

She looks at me confused.

"It went to voicemail."

Fuck.

This is a shorter Chapter, but I wanted to get something out. Alright, bye!!