Chapter 16

Chapter 16 : Sleep-over !!!!

"Remus!  Come, sit down and hear all about the fracas at the Ministry . . . seems you, Mad-eye and I will again be the cavalry, charging in to do battle, but Severus will take Sirius' place, as he's been given another assignment," Tonks spouted the short version, as she patted the seat next to her, indicating where he should sit.

"Well, as long as you two don't get hurt this time around, " he replied, taking a seat and looking over at Mooney, who shrugged.

"Don't really know what'll happen, do we? " Mad-eye grumped, blue  magical eye swiveling around to keep an ever constant vigilance on the whole house.

"Ah, but this time, you have the advantage," injected Emma.

"Two advantages, actually," Remus informed the group.  "Severus has been tasked with preparing some "Felix Felicis', so everyone will have a bit of luck, too."

"Brilliant!" Hermione beamed.  "I've read about that, but you can't use too much, too often."

"Yes, I'm sure that the doses and usage will be carefully monitored, Hermione," Emma assured her.

"Perhaps we could have a few more of the Order join us, since we won't be caught unaware this time . . . perhaps Bill or Arthur Weasley," Remus suggested.

"We'll discuss that with the two of them later . . . as you all are up against eleven Death Eaters, it would even the odds a bit . . .good thought, Remus."  Mad-eye nodded.

"How did your meeting go, Remus?" Tonks turned to the man sitting next to her.  "Did everyone stay relatively calm?"

"It was an eye opener for Severus, who has taken everything he's learned rather well, actually.  Sirius told me he'd already decided, well, was forced to admit, that he had to be the first to bury the hatchet about the old days.  And, if Severus does the same,  it looks like we'll have at least a start toward an understanding and forgiveness from both sides of that story.  Then they'll be able to work together to help Harry," Remus informed them.  "If we do all survive this time around, it would be better to become, if not friends, at least acquaintances who get along rather well . . .  true friendship takes time after all these years of animosity. . . . shame James isn't here to do the same."

"He'll know, as will Harry's Mum," Luna stated.  "They're still with Harry, in spirit, so they know this is for the best."

"Well said, Luna," Neville gave her shoulder a squeeze, as she smiled up at him.

 * * * *

"We need to discuss the Horcruxes, Headmaster; what and where they are and how you all will retrieve them during the coming months.  After we view the next movie, the one in which you die, we'll start talking with everyone about how the two story lines will split and what will happen in Harry's sixth year and beyond. . .  what can be changed and what must happen, if Voldemort is to be defeated."

"But, if I understood you, it seems my misguided, foolish desire to see my sister Arianna again causes a curse to be unleashed on my hand and it would have brought about my death, even without Severus having to kill me, correct?" Albus asked.

"Correct.  We need you to retrieve that ring, but whatever your motive, you must not put it on, Headmaster.  Tempting as it is, the resurrection stone will not work properly while still a part of that cursed ring.  The ring will have to be destroyed, of course, but the stone is saved and used by Harry just before his confrontation with Voldemort.  I don't think Tom realized it was one of the Deathly Hallows; it was just a relic of Salazar Slytherin's that made the ring important to  him," Dan added.