Chapter 20

Chapter 20 : Now What???

After the departure of the Hogwarts staff and the Malfoys, there was a bit of a silence . . . then Molly got going with her "All right everyone" organizing skills.  Ron, Hermione, Harry, Ginny, and the twins were ordered into the parlor, along with Dan, Emma, Rupert and Tom.  Mad-eye took his leave while Remus and Tonks decided to Floo to her parents house.  Molly then had a sit-down with Kreacher, Dobby  ( after he returned from Malfoy Manor ) and Winky, who was listening with rapt attention to all of the things that had been happening and how she would have a part in their future plans.

"Now Winky," Molly started, 'The Burrow is not a fancy house, as was the Crouch's, but there are lots of rooms, nooks and crannies to be dusted, lots of the family coming and going all the time and there's also a ghoul in the attic, but he's perfectly happy to be up there by himself."

"Yes, Mistress Weasley.  Winky is understanding."  Although she looked attentive and happy, Molly could see the little House Elf wringing her hands in agitation.

"Well, if you're going to come and work for our family, I want you to call me Mrs. Molly and you can call my husband Mr. Arthur . . . the Mistress and Master titles are a bit too grand for our liking."

"Oh, yes Mis . . .I mean Mrs. Molly . . . . wait, is you saying Winky is going to be your House Elf  ??? . . . Winky will have a new home ?????"  Her already big eyes got wider in excitement.

"Yes, I've made up my mind and I'm sure Arthur will agree wholeheartedly with me that it's about time I had a little help, now that all the children are grown and will soon be moving out to start their adult lives . . .  of course, that will mean helping with our grandchildren in the future!"

"OH! MRS MOLLY!"  the diminutive creature cried out, as she threw herself into Molly's arms and sobbed.

"I'll take that as a yes."  Molly replied, smiling at Dobby and Kreacher.  "And I want to thank you, Kreacher and you, Dobby for suggesting Winky for the job.  It was very clever of you, Kreacher, to have here her to display her skills, so I would know she was very capable and she'll make a fine addition to our household."

Dobby poked Kreacher in the ribs, and the old Elf poked him back before answering Molly.

"No thanks be necessary for Kreacher, Mrs. Weasley.  Him was only doing what was right; helping a fellow House Elf and Master's friends and family."  Kreacher tried looking humble and failed miserably, but that went unnoticed by Molly as she grabbed a tea towel to hand to Winky, so she could wipe her tears and stop her sniffles.

"Dobby is happy Winky is finding a new family, too, Mrs. Wezzie, as her was very sad at Hogwarts," he added, nodding his head. "Now her has a proper family and is a proper House Elf again."

Winky ran over and hugged Dobby and then Kreacher, who looks absolutely thunderstruck!  Molly dissolved into the giggles.

* * * *

"I'm having a bit of a sense of déjà-vu, as we're back to Christmas Day, again!"  Ron settled onto a sofa and pulled Hermione down beside him.

"Ron!" Hermione squeaked, as she landed, awkwardly, next to him.

"Well, if we're going to get married, I don't see why you shouldn't sit with me."

"Next to, fine, but not on your lap, not with everyone here!" she hissed at him, blushing.

"Yes, Ron," Emma laughed.  "Your marriage is a few years off, so don't rush . . . you'll have plenty of time for snogging and all that teenage romance stuff."