Chapter 26

Chapter 26 : Last thoughts

Draco and Narcissa returned to Malfoy Manor as quickly as they could manage, making sure they were seen shopping for school supplies in Diagon Alley.  Opening his trunk, Draco spread his clothes and other items on his bed, so it looked as if he was busy packing for his trip back to school.

Narcissa hung up her traveling cloak and put her purse on the side table in the hall, then entered Draco's room.  He looked over at his mother and nodded.

"Dobby?"  Narcissa  called her former House Elf.

'Pop!' 

"Good afternoon, Missy Cissa, Master Draco," Dobby said, smiling.  "Is you ready to go with Dobby?"

"Indeed we are, Dobby," replied Draco, walking over and holding out his hand.

"Ready when you are, Dobby," agreed Narcissa, taking hold of Dobby's other hand.

'Pop!'

* * * *

Draco and Narcissa walked into the front parlor and were greeted warmly by the gathered crowd.  Arthur came forward and shook hands with both of them.

"Dobby?"  Dan called.

"Yes, Mister Dan?"

"Luna and Neville, next, please."

"Yes, Mister Dan!"

'Pop!'

* * * *

"Time for us to go to Grimmauld Place, Albus," remarked Minerva, as she and Severus Snape entered the Headmaster's office.

"It is, indeed," agreed Albus, as he stood and walked over to join them by the fireplace.  "After you, Minerva, Severus."

"Grimmauld Place!" Poof!

"Well."  Headmaster Dippet looked over at Dilys Derwent as the flames died down. "This is where it all starts to change, for the better, I hope."

"Indeed.  From what we've overheard, there will be quite a few changes, and Hogwarts might be spared the destruction that was in our future."

"And my great-great-grandson will survive this year and be able to continue the house of Black!"  Phineas Nigellus Black injected.

"Continue being his usual, outrageous self, you mean, Phineas?"  Headmaster Derwent teased.

"Exact . . .wait, what do you mean 'usual, outrageous', Dilys? He's just high spirited!" Phineas shot back, crossing his arms and staring daggers at the other portrait.

"That's your story, dear . . . stick to it," giggled Dilys.

* * * *

Rupert did a quick headcount and then nodded at Tom, who started the 'Stop Time' Time Turner.

"Alright, boys and girls, we're back in business," Dan announced, as Tom and Rupert took their seats.  "Now . . . has anyone thought of any situations or sticky points that may be a problem in your future?"

Hermione's hand shot up, to nobody's surprise.

"Yes, Hermione?" Dan smiled at her.

"The Hufflepuff Cup is in Bella's vault, is it not?"

"It is . . . has been for at least fifteen years."  Dan answered.

"And Severus is supposed to put the sword of Godric Gryffindor  . . . or a copy of the sword . . . in that vault when he becomes Headmaster, as a gift for Voldemort."