Chapter 4

Chapter 4: Making a list and checking it twice . . .

"Wish I could take my laptop back, but not only would battery reliability be a problem, connecting to the web would be more than iffy." Emma sighed. "There are SO many Harry Potter websites out there with all kinds of space devoted to dissecting every chapter and cross referencing, well, everything to do with the stories and the movies, but not back in time, where we're headed . . .so. We'll have to divide the books up and then . . . "

"Emma!" Draco interrupted her stream of consciousness to the delight of Ron and Rupert.

"Brave for a Slytherin," whispered Rupert.

"Be glad it wasn't my wife," added Ron.

"I heard that!" Both Draco and Hermione shot back at the same time, to much giggling from Dan, Tom and Harry.

"Emma, my dear," Draco tried again. "I need to put your mind at ease about something."

"What about, exactly?"

"See this?" Draco pointed to the middle Time Turner, resting in the box on the coffee table.

"Yes. Is it different from the others, besides looking more modern?"

"Indeed it is!  This is what we're going to use to 'freeze' time, so that you can explain everything to us, back then, without worrying about running out of time, getting all of the information assimilated by everyone."

"AH, getting the message through some thick skulls, huh," Tom intoned, elbowing Draco.  "Some people, and I'm referring to YOU, Draco, were not always willing to admit you were wrong and change, were you?"

"Or Severus, or Sirius, or Percy . . . the possibilities are numerous."  Harry smiled.  "I'm probably the worst offender, with my stubborn belief that EVERYTHING was somehow,  my fault."

"NOT your fault, though, old man," asserted Dan. "That's high on my list, talking to you and Albus about getting a few things out in the open ASAP!"

"AND Severus, AND Sirius, the whole lot, come to that," added Rupert.  "But, I don't know if we should include Percy, he needs to come to his senses by himself.  Unless you think he'd make a good spy in the Ministry?"

"We'll think about that one for a bit,"  Hermione replied. "Right now we need to decide what to do first and whom to gather together after you get there."

"I have a suggestion,"  Harry said, as he stood up.  "Let's gather what we need and go to #12 and then Ginny can add her voice to this discussion . . . we've been talking for some weeks, now, about timelines and how we can introduce you to us, back then, without you getting a "Bat Bogey" hex sent your way."

"We need the books," Emma reminded them.

"Have a set of paperbacks in my bag," Hermione reassured her, lifting her purse.

"Undetectable Extension Charm?" Emma grinned.

"Of course.  Would you like me to put one on your tote bag?"

"I'd better not, bit hard explaining to people if I were to pull out a kayak," giggled Emma.

The guys just rolled their eyes and shook their heads.

"I've always wondered how girls get as much junk into their purses as they do manage, except the Queen, of course . . . but that's a whole different discussion," Tom muttered to Rupert who nodded agreement.

"Do you have a TV and a DVD player, Harry?" asked Dan.  "Or should we bring mine?"

"Actually, we do; mostly for the children's movies - not Harry Potter, though. Not yet.  Disney, Muppets, classic children's films.  I'm not much of a telly watcher, but Ginny loves the cooking and gardening channels.   I'll catch the odd football match.  Wish they would broadcast Quidditch games on the telly and not just on Wizarding Wireless Radio.  However, the Ministry is rather against Muggle devises, although they're getting more and more requests. Time will tell."  Harry answered. "And speaking of time, shall we?"