Chapter 38

Chapter 38 : Bella . . . Bella . . .

Harry had finished his part of the story about the night Albus 'died', so he turned to Severus and bowed.

"It's show time, Severus,"  he announced, with a cheeky grin.

"Ah, yes, the best bit!"  the Potions Professor replied, sneer firmly in place, as he stood to continue the tale.

 * * *

 Severus arrived at the agreed "Apparation" point, to find Bella and Draco face to face; Bella absolutely apoplectic with rage, and Draco matching her anger, only his was accentuated by the fact he towered over his aunt.

"I didn't make you drop your wand, you spoiled brat!' she screeched."You dropped it!"

"You grabbed me from behind and slammed me into the gate!  That knocked it out of my hand!  Did you wait when I yelled STOP!??? Noooo, you had to get the hell away, to save yourself, dragging me with you.  I AM perfectly capable of 'Apparating' , you know!  It would have taken three seconds to grab my wand but saving your skinny arse was more important!"  Draco thundered, reminding Severus, alarmingly, of Lucius!

"How DARE you talk to me that way?!? You . . ."  Bell drew back her arm to throw a hex at Draco but Severus stepped forward and grabbing her wrist, spun her around.

"Don't . . even . . think . . it," he purred, as he bent down and got face to face with the livid Witch. "What happened, Draco?" he asked calmly, not letting go of Bella's arm, even as she twisted and spit and kicked at him.  Draco started to speak but Severus held up his other hand.  "Hold that thought, Draco," he ordered, as he thrust Bella away from himself and pointed his wand. "  'Petrificus Totalus'  "  Bella stiffened, with a startled look on her face, and fell over, *thump*, on the path.

"Oh, Merlin, now you've torn it, Professor," Draco gasped, although Severus could see he was fighting, with all his might, not to laugh.

"Doubtful.  However, now that we have a little peace and quiet, perhaps you can tell me what happened?" Severus drawled calmly, turning his back on Bella in order to listen to Draco.

"Just as we got to the gates, I turned to see if you were coming, but Auntie here, grabbed my collar to drag me through the gates, which threw me off balance.  My arms flew out, as I was trying to keep from falling on my arse, my hand hit the gate  . . hard . . . my wand was knocked out of my grasp." 

Draco held up his hand, which was scraped from wrist to knuckles, where a patch of skin was missing, a little blood trickling down his fingers and a nasty looking bruise blooming across the back of his hand.

"I yelled for her to stop. . . I could see my wand lying there, but the next thing I know, we're here!!!  Do you think we could go back and get it, Professor, if we're quick?"

"We can't risk it. I knocked Potter down, but more were rapidly coming out of the school, intent on aiding 'the chosen one', no doubt.  Although they've probably closed and warded the gates by now, perhaps your wand will be overlooked in the gloom and shadows in that area.  We'll suggest to the Dark Lord that he send your Auntie Bella back to search for and retrieve it, if possible.  If not." Severus shrugged.  "We'll get you another."

Turning to the silent Witch lying on the ground, Severus smirked. "Come along like a good little girl, Bella.  We have to go see our Master. 'Levicorpus'."  Severus guided the floating figure down the lane leading to the Dark Lord's newest hiding place, Malfoy Manor.