Chapter 14

Chapter 14 : Primal Therapy 101

The passages quoted are from the American version of "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix ", Chapter Thirty-seven, 'The Lost Prophecy',  page 820 & 844. Also Chapter Twenty-four, 'Occlumency', page 523.  Harry Potter, both books and movies are the sole possession of J K Rowling and Warner Bros. and no copyright infringement was meant or implied by the use of this quoted passage.

"Could you arrange the chairs in a circle, please, Headmaster?"  Dan asked, as his group entered the back parlor.

"My pleasure, Daniel," replied Dumbledore.  Flicking his wand, the armchairs scooted around on the floor to form the requested configuration.

"Any particular seating arrangements?"  Harry asked.

"No . . . actually, I think I know who'll sit next to whom, so I'll give you all a minute and then I'll see if I'm right," answered Dan, with a grin, his back to the chairs.

"Okay, we're all seated," Harry informed him, after a moment of shuffling sounds.

Dan turned around and surveyed the four men and the boy looking at him; his empty chair was right in front of him, Dumbledore to his left, Harry to his right, then Sirius on Harry's right, Remus opposite Dan's chair and Severus seated on the left side of Albus.

"Just as I thought," Dan nodded.  "Harry wants answers, so he's next to me, Albus wants to be close to Harry, but knows he's angry, so he's placed me as a buffer.  Sirius wants to be next to his Godson, with his best friend on his other side.  Severus feels not too uncomfortable next to Remus, and feels slightly less alone with Albus on his other side.  Am I right?"

Between bemused smiles, smirks and a bit of blushing, he heard a few grunts of agreement. Sitting down, Dan turned to Harry and studied his facial expression, seeing several conflicting emotions fighting to make themselves known.

"I can tell you're upset, maybe even livid, Harry, but remember, most of what we saw in the move hasn't happened yet, and if we do this right, you won't lose these four men to Voldemort . . . we're here to see they survive, so take a deep breath, put all of that on a back shelf in your mind for right now and focus on what you learned in the movie . . . what you heard from Albus at the end . . . oh, and I'll tell you right now, the movie did not show what went on in the Headmaster's office after you returned from the Ministry."

"What happened," Harry asked, in barely a whisper.

"Quite frankly, you trashed the place,. . . " Dan almost chuckled to see the expression on Harry's face, but decided to let him know how remarkable that scene had been  "You went batshit crazy. . .  smashed furniture; all of those neat gadgets Albus has on all of those tables . . .  I think you would have beaten the crap out of him, too, if he'd tried to argue with you or stop you, but, to his credit, he stayed silent and let you vent your impotent rage and grief . . . . and it was impressive how violent you became."

"I'm sorry, Head . . . " Harry started to apologize.

"No, Harry . . . I can see it is I who owe you an apology," Albus interrupted him, shaking his head sadly.

"You got that right Albus!" Dan agreed, opening 'The Order of the Phoenix' to the chapter about  the scene in the Headmaster's office after the Battle in the Ministry. "I'm going to read you the whole thing, and please don't interrupt, all of it must be heard . . . and then some.  Oh, a 'Silencing Charm' for this room, please, Albus . . .just in case."