Honeymoon

"You know what's weird Ed's? How the sun goes away quicker over here compared to Derry."
"It's because there's only one sun, idiot. It can't be everywhere at the same time." Eddie rolled his eyes as Richie rubbed the back of Eddies hand with his thumb. The two sat in the blazing sun besides a small pool in a villa they rented in the east of Spain for their honeymoon.

Now that Richie had time to relax away from the hectic events that frequently occurred in Derry, he had started to think about small things he wouldn't usually care about, todays topic being the sun.

"But it's cool as fuck, I would be sleeping right now at home, but I'm awake here and the sun is out. It's so fucking cool" Richie gaped and Eddie stared at him in disbelief.

'How did I marry such an idiot?'

A sweet silence encased the area as the sound of rustling leaves from nearby trees and the movement of the pool water filled the air, Richie started to think about more important questions for a change.

They were twenty four when they got married, not wanting to take their relationship too fast. Eddie proposed to Richie when they were twenty one and, Eddie being the perfectionist he is, it took two years to plan the wedding, and a year to save up the money for it. They had occasionally spoken about children, but rarely went into too much detail on the matter, their excuse always being to "wait until were married, then we can sort that out."

Richie truly felt like he wanted children with his now-husband, and decided to finally bring it up.

"So Mr. Tozier, when do you think we'll bring little Tozier's into the family?" Richie turned to look at Eddie and Eddie followed suit, his breath hitching at the name used.

"I'm still not used to that. Eddie Tozier, isn't that weird?" Eddie spoke more to himself, but continued to answer Richies question. "I think that, once we're home, we can start to think more about it, Rich. Do you really want kids?"

"Yeah. Who wouldn't want smaller versions of me running around? It sounds great to me" Richie smirked, but then reverted to a serious tone. "To have a family with you would be a pleasure. After all the shit we've been through together I'm sure kids will be a piece of cake, well not literally, kids aren't food-" Eddie hot Richie upside the head for the last remark, but laughed nonetheless.

"Of course you can't keep serious for two minutes. You'll always be a trashmouth" Eddie smiled and turned over and took Richies lips with his own, Richies arms instinctually wrapping loosely around Eddies small waist.

The rest of their time in Spain was spent talking about random ideas that came into Richies mind, like "how weird the moon looks from this angle" or "do you think there are Spanish versions of us walking around somewhere here?"
Eddie spent the majority of his time telling Richie off, but overall it was wonderful, and neither would have it be any other way.