Distance

"Yes, yes, I know! But he's single, and I swear he is gay. I have a chance- don't judge me Stan!" Eddie cried over the phone to his best friend Stan. Eddie, as you can tell, was fangirling over his friend Richie Tozier. Stan saw it coming, he just knew Eddie too well.

Eddie wouldn't stop staring as Richie walked down the hallway in school, and everytime they brushed hands by accident Eddie's heart would Implode. Long story short, Eddie was head over heels for the lanky git, and Stan was definitely not surprised.

"He's just the cutest lanky boy I've ever seen. He better be gay or I'm ending myself" Eddie casually stated and Stan snorted from the other side of the phone.
"Ask the guy out on a date. What's the worst that could happen?" Stan suggested. Stan knew Eddie's anxiety would kick in as he said that, the thought of talking to Richie sounds despicable to little Eddie, but Stan couldn't bare to hear Eddie squeal about him for much longer.
"Me?! Ask him out on a date? Hahaha you're funny Stan. Real funny. I could never do tha-"
"OK Edward, If you don't, then I will. For you." Stan smirked and Eddie went silent. The silence bled on slightly, until a quiet reply came from Eddie's side of the phone.

"Fine."