Mommy

50th chapter! We're also at 17k reads which is crazy! Thanks for everything guys, enjoy the chapter :)

"Hey Mommy, I need to tell you something important that I need to get of my chest" Eddie started, his hands shaking as he fidgeted with them.
"You can tell me anything Eddie Bear, go ahead" she said, her attention drawn towards her nails that she was painting a sickly pink colour. Eddie loved the colour pink, but started to dislike it the more his mother began to wear it. The colour was supposed to remind I'm of Richie and his crazy, vibrant Hawaiian shirts, not his moms badly painted nails.
"Well,I think I have feelings for someone. And before you get angry you've already met them. I don't know if you're fond of them, but they treat me well and make me really happy. They're funny and I know they won't hurt me and- for fuck sake mom pay attention to me!" Eddie got angry as he saw his mother still carefully painting her nails. She froze for a few seconds before looking up at Eddie, who was stood a few feet in front of her in her armchair.
"I was listening, Edward. Now, the only female I know that you're friends with is that rancid Beverly Marsh. If it's her, I forbid you from being with her. You shouldn't settle with the worst you can find Ed-"
Eddie broke out in a laugh. A loud, genuine laugh, which his mom hadn't heard for many years due to her lack of personality.
"What's so funny?" She said, somehow missing the joke.
"Mommy, you seriously think I like girls?" Eddie said, a smirk, quite similar to Richies, pulled at the corners of his mouth. His mothers mouth fell open, her face flooding red and her eyes bulging.
"It's okay Eddie. I can get you some medication and you'll be normal in no ti-"
"No." Eddie firmly stated. The smile left his face as his eyebrows furrowed and his eyes squinted slightly.
"I'm not ill. I do not need medication to make me 'normal' and no. I don't care if you're disappointed. If you really cared for me you'd let me love him." Eddie never failed to keep eye contact with her, causing the guilt to burn his mother alive.
"Who is the boy?" She managed to say, her voice stern but it was clear that she was trying to be as nice as possible.
"Richie Tozier."
"Ah. Him. Well Eddie, he wouldn't feel the same towards you. He's a man whore, all he wants is attractive women. He would never like someone of your type." His mom didn't try to hold back, as she was clearly struggling to be nice.
"That's funny. Thing is mom, he's my boyfriend, and he has been since I was fourteen. Three years and you still hadn't noticed. Don't you hear the banging upstairs?" Eddie joked, laughing at his own joke, but his mom didn't find it anywhere near as funny as he did.
"My only son, gay. I can't believe this. If your father was here he would be so disappointed in you, Eddie Kaspbrak."
"I don't think he would be" Eddie simply said, shrugging his shoulders.
"Oh yeah, and it's Eddie Tozier"