Chapter Thirteen

"Why does something look wrong with the Gryffindors?" Marie mused, her bits of egg falling off her fork as she looked across the table. 

"I heard something happened to one of the students," Angelina whispered, "on the Hogsmeade trip." 

Marie nodded, frowning as she took a bite of her breakfast, "shame." Angelina nodded slightly, she may've been with Draco and his gang, but she didn't feel the same way they did. If you weren't rude towards Angelina, she wasn't the type of person to be rude back, but because of the rivalry between Gryffindor and Slytherin; she often just forgot and went with the flow. 

"What're we doing tonight?" Marie asked as she sipped her pumpkin juice. 

"I was going to study for O.W.L.S." 

Marie rolled her eyes, "we deserve a break! Besides they aren't until after Christmas, can't we just take a day off from studying?" 

"What do you propose then?" Angelina shrugged, Marie opened and shut her mouth a few times as she thought of a response. Not actually sure of what she would actually want to do. Marie just didn't feel like working tonight, in all honesty.

"I........let's get some marshmallows and roast them in front of a fire!" Marie grinned excitedly. 

"Soooooooo have a night of eating," Angelina nodded her head slowly, "I like the way you think!" Marie raised her hand for a high five which Angelina gladly returned, "who's place?" 

"Oooooooooh can I please come see the Slytherin Common Room?! I've heard rumors and I want to know if they're true!" Marie's eyes sparkled so wide as her grin practically touched her eyes. 

Angelina laughed, "yes you can, Mar."

"Mar?" Marie pouted, "don't shorten my name!" 

Angelina only responded with a snort as the owls began to deliver letters and Prophets to the students of Hogwarts. When an owl stopped in front of Marie and Angelina, Marie took a Daily Prophet and offered a bit of her toast and paid the money she owed before the owl flew off. 

"Hmm.....things aren't looking too good out there," Marie muttered, more to herself than Angelina. 

"What do you mean?" Angelina looked over her friend's shoulder as she smoothed out the Daily Prophet upon the table for both to look over.

"Well....it's just that he's everywhere," she glanced around the Great Hall as if waiting for someone to appear and reprimand her for speaking of something so wrong.

"Who....." Angelina's eyebrows knitted together as she looked over the articles, they all seemed innocent to her.

Marie bit her lip, leaning closer to the print before pointing out an article, it was small. But still, the editors had printed it, "missing person....." Angelina whispered, "I still don't get it," she shook her head. 

Marie huffed slightly, shifting so that she straddled the bench and grasped her friend's shoulders, "ever since You-Know-Who came back last year things have gotten darker, you know that correct?" Angelina nodded, "well, the Prophet hasn't had much to say, however, you can tell there is something amiss when there are stories such as this. The missing column....it means bad things are happening." 

Angelina nodded, "well of course....but what's the point of this conversation?" 

Marie bit her lip and took in a deep breath, taking her friend's hands in hers, "you and I haven't discussed this but.....the Slytherins.....they sorta...."

Angelina retracted her hands from Marie and glared at her, leaning close so that no one could hear, "just because I'm in the Slytherin house means nothing, I don't believe in Pureblood or blood history or whatever! So if you would like to continue having a friend I suggest you back the hell off," Angelina spat with controlled anger.