Chapter Thirty Six

"Remember when you said you'd follow me to Hell?" Angelina nodded, "is it everything you expected?" Draco asked, popping a cherry in his mouth as they stood around an abandoned kitchen. 

Angelina rolled her eyes, "marvelous." 

"I warned you," Draco said seriously, any humor disappeared from his voice. "I told you not to follow me." 

Angelina looked around the kitchen, they had run out of places to go and had decided to reside in abandoned houses or where the families were away on holiday. Today they were staying in a home that had been abandoned in a rush, the family must've been one that Voldemort was looking for, and they went into hiding. 

"I don't regret it," Angelina responded with a shrug, "do you regret things?" 

Draco nodded, pulling the stem of the cherry from his mouth to reveal a knot, "I should've planned this out more. But I was scared that I would find you dead any minute, so I rushed us out here and now we're stuck traversing place to place." 

"I don't mind," Angelina said thoughtfully, which was the honest truth. She did not mind running with Draco, aside from the rocky start to all of this, things were fine again and their time together was something she wouldn't ever want to give up. Without thinking, Angelina itched her left arm above where the bandage had once been, she frowned when she looked at her skin. How could she had been so stupid and naive to think that she had been branded. "What was it like getting the mark?" Angelina asked quietly. 

"Painful," Draco grunted, "they took this poker with the image from a fire and branded my skin...I actually blacked out after that, and then when I woke up the next day, I saw it. Its so revolting," Draco growled, his eyes on his left arm, where the mark resided behind a stretch of fabric. Angelina stretched out her hand, gently placing them on his arm as they stood around the kitchen island in silence; she was surprised when he didn't pull away from her. 

"How do you feel?" 

"If we do see some Death Eaters again, I'm going to kill them," Angelina vowed, "specifically the Carrows." 

Draco snorted, "hopefully we never do see them again." 

Angelina smiled slightly, nodding in agreement before walking out of the room and toward the small living room and taking a seat on the loveseat. 

"What's going to happen when this is all over?" Angelina questioned. 

Draco shrugged, taking a spot beside Angelina, "hopefully Potter defeats him and if there's any other outcome....we'll be in hiding for the rest of our lives," Angelina felt her face heating up as their knees touched together. 

"Did you just say you want Potter....to win?" Angelina asked confused. 

"Are you saying you don't?!" 

"No! I'm just....you hate him," Angelina looked at Draco as if he were insane. 

Draco rolled his eyes, "just because I do hate him, doesn't mean that I won't go to the correct side." 

"Does that mean you thought the Dark Lord was the right side at one point?" Angelina whispered. 

Draco was quiet for a moment, lifting his arm and draping it along the back of the sofa as he thought, "yes. I did, before I was forced to be a part of it and learned much more than I ever anticipated." 

The softness of the sofa was slowly enveloping Angelina the longer she sat there, they slept very little and traveled very much, her exhaustion was undeniable. She felt herself slowly dozing, her head dipping to the left and leaning against Draco's shoulder as her eyes got heavier.