Chapter Eleven

"Hogsmeade trip next week!" 

"Mmmmmm....." 

"Angie?" 

Marie looked at Angelina who was staring off into the distance, her brows furrowed together and her dinner roll sitting on the plate abandoned. "You should really eat, we have a long night of studying, you know?" Marie prodded Angelina's side. 

Angelina turned back to her friend, nodding, "yes, yes....I was just....thinking...."

"About Malfoy?" Marie wiggled her eyebrows as she grinned, watching her friend's cheeks burn up. 

Angelina shook her head slightly, even though it was the truth. Since the conversation they'd had in the common room a month ago, things were still the same except that Draco was more talkative toward her, even offering to help on homework--even though he would blow her off at the last moment. 

"Look, just go talk to him," Marie suggested, taking Angelina's roll and buttering it before placing it in Angelina's left hand. 

"And get back on every bad side of these girls here? Its bad enough they lock me out of my dormitory on a regular basis now!" Angelina scoffed. 

"You know you should just go to the come and go room," Marie shrugged. 

"The....what?" Angelina watched her friend take a bite of her potatoes and swallow before talking again. 

"There's a room that'll give you anything you desire, I heard the fifth years talking about it last year......they were using it for something," she looked at Angelina and smiled. "Just go there if those girls continue to be mean, I'm sure you can ask for a bed." 

"I'll remember that for later...." Angelina muttered to herself, "where is it?" 

"The sixth or seventh floor, don't know much more than that," Marie shook her head. 

Angelina placed the roll Marie had given her on the plate in front of her, "seventh....floor?" That was the same floor she found Draco over a month ago, the same floor she bumped into a first year with her books that made her scream like a banshee, the same floor those two girls were hanging around one night and practically hexed her away. The same floor she'd help catch Potter and his friends around. Something was going on around there once again. 

As her mind worked out details, trying to put pieces together, "Marie.....do you know anything about this room?" 

"Just that it can give you anything you think of, why?" 

Angelina shrugged, shaking her head, "just curious." 

Marie raised an eyebrow but didn't press further, "well let's go study, shall we?" 

Students were slowly leaving the library as cerfew crept closer, Marie and Angelina's table looked as if fifty books had exploded and their papers were scattered everywhere as the two worked together. 

"Have you been talking to Draco?" Marie asked, finishing up her Transfiguration essay with a smile. 

Angelina shook her head, "not as much as you'd think." 

"Is he still single?" Knowing everything that goes on around here, it wasn't hard to know that Draco had dumped Pansy Parkinson at the beginning of the year. But he wasn't currently seeing anyone, at least no one had announced it. 

"I'm not sure? I don't pay--" Angelina stopped when she saw Marie's look of doubt, "yes. Yes he is." 

"Nows your chance!" the pink haired girl joked. 

"I don't think he's interested in Parkinsons." 

Marie scoffed, "how's your essay going?" Angelina handed it over, taking Marie's in response for proof reading. "I can help if you're interested." 

"In what?" 

"In talking to him! Getting him to notice you, I mean you have this amazing body and nows the time to use it!" Marie looked over the parchment at Angelina who pushed her hair behind her ears and blushed. 

"I'm still that fat kid...." 

"No you're not! You lost so much weight, really you need to flaunt---"

"I'm not really.....interested in that," Angelina muttered uncomfortably. 

"Oh...I'm sorry! I'm so, so sorry, Angie! I just...." Marie took a deep breath from her rambling, "you're prettier than your sister is what I meant. You can get anyone you want in a heartbeat." 

Angelina looked at the parchment in her hands, not really focusing on the words before looking up at Marie and sighed, "thanks...." 

Marie kicked her chair, causing Angelina to slide a little bit, "come on!" 

"I forgot to mention that I did tell him how I felt and..." Angelina shrugged, her smile going away as she became small in her seat, "but it doesn't matter." 

Marie clasped Angelina's shoulder, giving a sympathetic squeeze as she smiled, "don't worry. We'll fix it." 

~*~*~

 Draco looked at his hands, five letters today. Five letters filled with panicked fear and teror that told him that he was losing time. He needed to act and soon, but what could he do?! The cabinet wouldn't be operational for weeks. He'd have to take matters into his own hands. Draco crumpled the letters in his hands, quickly wiping away any tears he'd shed. 

"I was chosen for this, I matter," Draco whispered as he tugged on his left sleeve. He marched down the corridor, heading to the owlery with quick steps as thoughts and plans formed in his mind. 

As he scrawled a hasty note to give to the nearest owl he thought of exactly what he needed, he was desperate at this point, his mind raced as he watched the owl fly off with his demands. Only time will tell how this will work. 

"Bloody hell, mate, you look like crap," Theodore knott greeted Draco as he came into the small dormitory. 

"Yeah...." he muttered in agreement, the dark circles under his eyes was much worse and his cheeks were sinking in by the day, he looked ghastly at this point. "I'll be in the common room," he muttered, hurrying out before Theodore could stop him. 

No one was sitting in the common room as he took a seat in front of the fire, watching the flames die out and reduce to bright embers. Draco looked out a window, it was dark as a moonless night, which was common since the Slytherin house resided in the black lake. Any and all windows were submerged in the water, which sometimes gave off a emerald glow due to water refraction against the glass panes. 

Draco leaned into the leather, the coolness seeping through his robes and onto his skin, he closed his eyes as he took deep breaths. Cursing himself as he sat there, he didn't hear the footsteps or smell the peppermint wafted over him. He kept his eyes closed until he felt fingers touching his cheeks. 

Without a second moment, Draco snatched the hand away from his face and scowled at the frightened girl. 

"I'm sorry...I just....I shouldn't..." Angelina tried to pull away from him, but his grip was tight around her wrist. "You're hurting me, Draco...."

Draco released her wrist and frowned, "I"m sorry," he said gruffly. 

Angelina rubbed her wrist slightly, getting to her feet and shaking her head, "Its fine. I'll leave you be, you just looked like you could use someone to talk to."  

"You can admit you were trying to take advantage of me," Draco tried to smirk, but it didn't reach his eyes and it looked forced. 

The corners of her mouth twitched slightly as she rolled her eyes, "oh, yeah....that's totally it." 

Draco snorted slighlty, "just admit you think I'm attractive." 

Angelina shook her head, her face getting as red as the Weasley's hair, "w-w-well...I'm going to bed," she stammered as she got up to leave. 

"Wait, um.....can you stay?" Draco coughed, this was a moment of weakness Draco Malfoy would never admit to a single person, "I could use someone to talk to." 

Angelina looked at him for a minute in silence, her eyes wide as she processed what he said before silently taking a spot on the couch, facing Draco with undivided attention.