Chapter Thirty One

The Christmas decorations were hung and the halls were a festive explosion of garland and wreaths, the ghosts were floating and happily humming Christmas carols. The whole castle was in full Christmas mode, even the students couldn't help but walk through the halls with a song in their hearts of Christmas holidays--even with the world being so dark. In darken corners, students gathered in small groups, some excitedly whispering while others studied their surrounding students as they stood and gossiped. 

Angelina leaned against a wall by one of the groups that were quietly whispering, looking somber as they discussed something. Her ears perking at key words she was looking for, with a heavy sigh Angelina followed the three Ravenclaw girls down the hall and up to the sixth floor. From around the corner Angelina watched as the girls waited for a door to emerge, her heart hammering in her ears loudly as she watched them carefully. The door quickly disappeared, Angelina closed her eyes and let out a breath she didn't realize she was holding in before walking down the hall--determination spreading through her body. 

This was the closest to completing the task she was given in the Summer than she'd ever been before, she wasn't sure what this was--how she could finally accept what she was doing--but Angelina was finally feeling as if she would soon be done her task. Angelina paced before the solid wall, thoughts of her fourth year events coming to the front of her mind as she waited for the door. When it finally materialized, Angelina gently pushed the door ajar, her wand lifted up as she took a step into a big room. 

There were gasps and cries of anger as Angelina lifted her wand high, her eyes falling upon the girl before her. A girl she'd been close friends with. 

"Crucio," Angelina's voice was foreign and vague as the curse hit the Hufflepuff and she fell to the floor in a contorted position. 

The curse was lifted when something sharp impacted the base of Angelina's neck-where her skull met her spinal column-and she too, fell to the ground without another word. 

****

"What did you think you were doing walking in there like that?! you could've possibly died for all we know. You stupid, completely mental, girl!" 

"Would you shut up?" Angelina's voice whispered, her eyes adjusting to the bright light. 

"Glad you're finally coherent. You ungrateful sod." 

"Just leave me alone," Angelina looked up at her older sister as she tapped her foot impatiently. 

"You're lucky I've been tailing you recently," Pansy scoffed. 

"Why have you been doing that?" Angelina questioned, moving her neck from side to side as she looked up at her sister. They were in her dormitory, Angelina leaning against an oak chest that sat before one of the five beds. 

"Because...Because I thought you needed it," Pansy stammered slightly. 

"I don't need watching from the likes of you," Angelina retorted, "now if you don't mind I'm heading back to the library to work on homework." 

Pansy stopped pacing, her gaze shifting from rage to curiosity,"where do you think you just were?" 

"I was on the second floor, heading to the library," Angelina groaned, getting to her feet as she stretched her back. 

"What's today's date?" 

"November....5th," Angelina scratched her head, frowning at her sister's weird behavior. 

Pansy took a step away, shaking her head slightly, "no....Ange....it's....it's December, December 10th." 

Angelina glared at Pansy, why would her sister say something like that? Pansy may've been cruel to her younger sister at times, but playing a trick like this was absurd and not at all like her. "What's...what's the last thing you remember doing?" Pansy asked softly, her voice filling with worry. 

Angelina took a deep breath, thinking back. "I....I was talking to Neville...." 

Pansy took Angelina's shoulders in her hands, nails digging into flesh as Pansy's radar went off. Something bad was happening to her baby sister and she had no idea what to do, "Pansy, I have to go....you're sort of freaking me out." 

Angelina stepped away from her sister and quickly left the room, not looking back as her sister studied her retreating back. Angelina hurried down the steps, recollecting memories as she walked pass students, not meeting their gazes as she walked. But there were no memories, the last thing she could remember was that night with Neville Longbottom, after that it was all black. Fear swept through Angelina, she'd remembered this feeling one other time and it was hard to believe when she thought about it. 

"Why're you crying?" Angelina looked up, Draco stood before her, his face trying to look indifferent as his grey eyes held a moment of brief concern. 

"I....I don't...." Angelina sniffed, "I can't remember anything." 

"So?" Draco's voice taking on a bored tone. 

"For the last month," Angelina whispered. 

Draco took a step closer, frowning as he studied Angelina, "let's go talk in private," Draco held out his hand expectantly for her. 

The Astronomy tower was deserted as the wind blew forcefully around them, Angelina pulling her knees underneath her chin as Draco sat quietly beside her. His arm barely touching hers as the wind blew a chill through them. 

"I think we should run," Draco finally said when the silence grew too huge for them. 

"What do you mean?" Angelina asked, trying to keep her teeth from chattering in the cold. 

"you were put under the imperious curse, who knows what will happen the moment we step into the Manor over break. We should run," Draco nodded again. 

"No, we....we can't, that would be a horrible idea," Angelina muttered. 

"Then what do you expect we do, Ange?! Its not safe for you." 

"Let me worry about myself then, I don't need you to--" 

"I told you before, we stick together." 

Anger flared inside her as Angelina looked at Draco, "stick together?! You went and started a war last year right here, and you got me branded with the Dark Mark, and don't forget how you've been keeping your distance from me! Now you're just being completely irritating and a total prat!" 

Draco was quiet, "look, Ange....I'm sor--" 

"Shut. Up," Angelina growled, getting to her feet quickly, "don't ever talk to me again." 

Draco grabbed Angelina's ankle, keeping her in place as he pulled her down to eye level, "I know things may seem like they're my fault, but I'm not the one who sold you the Dark Lord. Ever since the moment we've come back to school, all I've been trying to do is help. So before you--" Angelina's hand was cold and sharp against Draco's cheek, "before you start to scream and kick at me to leave you alone. I won't because--" Angelina's foot connected with Draco's left side, kicking some air from his lungs, "I promised to look after--" Angelina kicked out again, Draco grunted before getting to his knees and forcing Angelina onto her back, pining her down to the cold floor. "I'm not going to let you continue like this," Draco promised, "I'm going to fix all this." 

Tears that couldn't be held back leaked from behind Angelina's closed lids before she gazed up at Draco, her lips trembling slightly. 

"From now on, we stick together," Draco vowed, releasing Angelina's wrists and sitting back up, Angelina remained on the ground as her body began shaking as she sobbed quietly. 

***

Please leave comments and vote if you're liking the story :)