Chapter Two

Angelina pinned the button on her robes, the IS shining brightly next to the Slytherin emblem, with a small smile she walked to the common room where Pansy was sitting waiting on one of the leather couches. 

"The boys already left for breakfast, let's go meet up with them," Pansy smiled slightly as she fixed Angelina's chestnut, brown hair behind her shoulder. 

"I wonder if Draco already met up with Potter and them," Angelina mused as she looked at her pin. It gave them permission to take away points from unruly students-or in Draco's case, Harry Potter and his friends. 

"Looks like they've met up," Pansy commented nodding toward the hourglasses that held different colored rubies-the crimson looked lower than it was the previous day. 

"How'd your run in with Potter go?" Angelina joked, taking a seat across from Blaise who was smiling slightly. Over Blaise's shoulder Angelina met Harry Potter's ice cold gaze which she returned with a scrunched up nose and stuck out her tongue slightly. 

"Cute," Blaise said, scrunching his nose in turn with a smile, Angelina's cheeks heated up as Draco snorted beside Blaise, his grey eyes locking with her own aqua orbs for a millisecond. 

"What class do we have first today?" Pansy asked as she picked up a piece of toast and began buttering it. 

"I have Ancient Runes then a break," Angelina said checking her watch for the time. "I actually want to get there early, see you in later." 

Getting up, Angelina took two pieces of buttered toast and shouldered her bag before walking out of the hall; not before being shoved by a few students on their way to get to their house table. Angelina shook her head as she hurried to the fourth floor for class, she could use her new position in order to gain some respect from fellow students, but it wasn't worth her time right now. 

The classroom wasn't filled, except that Hermione Granger was seated close to the front, Angelina sighed as she walked to the same row and took a desk four seats apart from her. Angelina wasn't particularly mean toward Hermione, but Angelina caught Hermione scowling in her direction as Angelina pulled out her book and brushed her chestnut hair behind her shoulder. While Angelina was a fourth year, she managed to take Ancient Runes on a fifth year level thanks to her outstanding intelligence on the subject. 

"Keep staring Granger and I'll deduct points," Angelina muttered. 

Hermione coughed slightly, muttering to herself as students began to file through. 

 ****

"You really want us to sing this?" Pansy asked looking down at the sheet of paper Draco had handed her.

"But only at the game, it's going to mess up Weaselbee so much we're sure to win," Draco smirked happily. 

"So we have a week to learn this?" Angelina looked over Pansy's shoulder, it was a bunch of lyrics that were insults for Ron Weasley. 

"Basically," Draco nodded, taking a seat on the leather couch in front of the girls. 

Pansy smirked, flipping her dark brown hair slightly before promptly sitting on Draco's lap, Angelina supressed any emotions. Why do you care?! He's never going to be interested in you. A voice snapped in her mind. She cringed slightly at her own thoughts, tossing her chestnut brown hair over her shoulder as she pulled her robes closer to her body. "How many people should we get to join in?" Angelina asked.

"Maybe...ten to start out, but I don't see why we can't get the entire house to join," Draco said as his eyes scanned the room.

 "That'll be easy enough," Angelina offered, ignoring how Pansy began to twirl Draco's hair between her fingers, wishing it was her sitting on his lap. 

"Good, I know you'll get the right people to help," Draco gave a very small smile that managed to make Angelina's heart quicken. 

You're wasting your time, the voice barked at the back of her mind yet again. Angelina shook her head to the side before walking off to her dormitory where three other girls were sitting around chatting. Their conversation died the second Angelina took two steps inside the room, their smiles disappeared as they looked at her with disgust. 

"What you doin' here, Parkinson?" Rebecca questioned, her black hair falling over her shoulder as she leaned forward on her bed. 

"I share the room also, you know," Angelina shot back. 

The red head snorted, crossing her legs and smirking, "you only joined that stupid squad of Umbridge's because of Malfoy. We all know it." 

"I did not," Angelina shot back, even though it was the complete truth. "I was selected by that toad herself." 

The girls looked at her with disbelief as Angelina went to her trunk and looked for her diary, "I was going to ask you three to help mock some Gryffindors, but to hell with that idea...." she muttered, slamming her trunk anad walking to the door. "You lot can kiss my arse." 

"Fatass!" Angelina heard as she slammed the door behind her, heading back down the steps. Normally the girls she roomed with left her alone, before last year, they didn't have any problems; but since the Yule Ball the girls had been nothing but horrible toward her. Their rude remarks on her looks, robes, and all over style were somewhat managable; but occassionally Angelina found herself wiping away tears. 

"Draco and Blaise went to their dormitory, so its just us for the rest of the night," Pansy smiled when Angelina reappeared. "Card game?" Angelina nodded, Pansy pulled out a pack of playing cards from her bag and began shuffling. "Those fourth years aren't giving you any problems are they?" 

Angelina shook her head, "no more than usual." 

Pansy raised an eyebrow, "I have to patrol tonight with Draco by the way." 

"Have fun," Angelina kept her tone of voice neutral, not wanting to draw attention to the jealousy she was feeling in her chest. 

Someone was shaking her shoulder, trying to wake her from a deep sleep, with heavy eyelids Angelina regained her consciousness and slowly looked up to see Draco Malfoy standing above her with a frown. 

"Your sister went off to bed," Draco said with a shrug. 

"Oh...w-well...thank you for waking me," Angelina yawned, stretching her arms above her head. 

Draco nodded, his casual demenor never faltering, "you got a bit of drool on your cheek," Angelina nervously rubbed her cheeks with both hands, feeling the blush heat up her face. 

"Thanks for telling me," Angelina nodded. 

Draco gave a curt nod, "you should probably get to bed now, bet your bed is comfier than that couch." 

Angelina shrugged, "bout the same really. I could lay down anywhere and think its comfy." 

Draco gave a small smile, "well I need to sleep, good night, Ange." 

Angelina nodded once, waving as Draco walked toward the dorms. A smile crept on her face, she could call Draco a friend-they talked and chatted, but it was rare when it was just Draco and Angelina. Pansy had always been around them, no matter what. Angelina reclined into the cool leather and smiled to herself-she wished she had more moments like these. Just her and Draco talking. Even if for a minute.