Chapter Thirty Seven

The room was mostly quiet as students lounged around the room, Neville looked around at all the students who had been forced to hide. As he stretched in the over sized chair a bang echoed through the room and coughing emitted from the fireplace, all the students jumped to their feet, wands ready and pointed a the intruder. Neville walked up behind everyone, pushing people aside as the stranger wiped away dirt from their face; with a horrified look on her face, Angelina Parkinson took in her surroundings.

"bloody hell....what....how?!" Neville demanded, raising his wand at her.

"Blood hell," she whispered.

Neville glared at the girl as she quickly evaluated the situation, she began hyperventilating and turned toward the fireplace in a panic.

"You bastard, you ruddy bastard! How dare you trick me, when I find you I'm going to kill you!" Angelina was yelling into the dead fire, frantically scattering bits of burnt wood as she cursed out someone.

"Oi!" Neville shouted, Angelina stopped what she was doing, turning back to the group and taking a deep breath. "I said: the bloody hell are you doing here."

Angelina nodded, reaching into her pocket-resulting in every single wand to be raised higher-her eyes never leaving Neville's as she tossed her wand at his feet. "I've been in hiding, we found some Floo powder and I was going to use it to find a friend of mine...Marie....." Angelina realized how stupid she was sounding by the second. "I wanted to talk to her," a few whispers and mutters went around the group. "And before I could do anything, there was a noise in the house we were staying in and then I got shoved into the fireplace and here I am."

"Who shoved you in?" Seamus asked a few steps away from me.

"Draco Malfoy," Angelina replied, "look. I know how dangerous this is and you're all thinking of ways to get rid of me. I'll go, I just...." she stopped talking, looking at the fireplace with a sorrowful look.

"Why did he do that?"

Angelina puckered her lips and shook her head, "probably because I'm a liability to him. Look, I'll leave, I'll go on my way-"

"Like we're going to let you go," Cormac McLaggan laughed.

Neville watched fear flicker across Angelina's face as she shrank back slightly, "I'm not a threat," Angelina responded quietly.

"You're a Death Eater!" Seamus responded coldly.

Angelina looked down at her arm, quickly rolling up her left sleeve and revealing nothing. There wasn't a mark.

"You could be using a charm to mask it," someone spoke up.

Angelina sighed, her eyes meeting Neville's as he frowned, trying to determine the next move, "here. Look for yourself." Neville bent down, reaching for her arm and examining the skin, he pointed his wand at her skin but nothing happened.

"So.....if you got here by Floo powder.....does that mean...others can do it?" Lavender Brown whispered over his shoulder.

As if on que the fireplace melted into the wall, a different one appearing in its place, "I think the room just fixed that problem," Neville muttered.

"What's going on here?" a voice called somewhere behind them, Neville turned to see Marie walking forward. "The bloody hell?!" She said when she got a good look at Angelina, her face was composed of anger but in her eyes, Neville could see how overjoyed she was to see this girl.

"She's here for you," Neville responded, Marie looked confused but nodded.

"What're we going to do with her?" Marie responded.