Chapter Thirty

"Why is he here?" Angelina waved a hand toward Neville's direction.

"Because he is in detention," Amycus said with a bored voice.

"Why am I here then?"

"Funny you should ask, we've been lenient with you and how you have very little information to give us for being a little spy. People are getting tired of it, think that you aren't pulling your weight." Alecto explained as she took a step closer to Angelina.

"You do know what's going to happen if you don't pull your weight, right?" Amycus smiled slightly, looking like a hungry wolf staring down his prey.

"We have permission to end yours and your family's life," Alecto finished.

"That's......not fair," Angelina said slowly, her chest tightening with fear.

"Which is why you're here, show us you're useful just once," Amycus said, his smile getting bigger. "Torture this idiot for information."

"I don't have any information for you!" Neville cried from the desk, Angelina looked over Alecto's shoulder toward the Gryffindor, noticing that his hands were tied behind his back.

Amycus kicked Neville's seat, slightly laughing as he sauntered closer, "show us what you got."

"I don't want to do this, I don't care how badly you hurt me for refusing," Angelina shook her head violently.

The Carrows gave a evil grin, their eyes crinkling in the corners as they towered over the Slytherin. "You want those bandages off right?" Angelina gave a small nod, "then do this. Do the work of a Death Eater and torture the boy," Alecto hissed.

Angelina made eye contact with Neville, he glared at her but even from standing almost five feet away Angelina saw the smallest shiver travel down the boy's spine. Angelina needed a plan, there was no way that she could actually torture someone, no way she could live with herself for harming someone.
As she stared back at Neville an idea formed slowly. Angelina pulled her wand from her pocket and slowly walked toward Neville, watching his eyes grow with shock. Angelina took a slow breath and lifted her wand, pointing it at Neville's chest. Her hands were shaking and her knuckles turned white as she held onto her wand, her palms becoming slick with sweat.

"Will you just get on with it?!" Alecto cried from behind her.

Angelina took a deep breath, steadying her nerves, Neville looked at her with a look of fear that was turned into hatred. With a small twitch of her mouth Angelina felt the magic vibrate through her wand and toward Neville who gave no reaction.

"I told you she's too weak," Amycus whispered.

"You have to mean the curse! Come on now!" Alecto called from somewhere behind her.

Angelina nodded, licking her lips as she started again, this time when the spell hit Neville he jumped a little in his seat. A look of confusion etched on his features, Angelina pleaded with her eyes.

"Tell me about Potterwatch."

"I have nothing to tell you," Neville said.

Angelina bit her lip and moved her wand in a thrashing motion which resulted in a cut on Neville's cheek. "Just tell me how its done!"

"This is going to take forever," Alecto growled behind Angelina.

"Just tell me who runs it."

"No."

"I'm going to stand outside for a bit, just incase Severus shows," Alecto commented, the door opening and closing.

"Are you really going to take forever?" Amycus commented, "just torture him until he talks."

"He's a Gryffindor, he won't talk easily."

"Want a little help then?"

"No, I want some quiet."

With a sigh Amycus shut up, Angelina looked back at Neville, "please. I need you to tell me what you're doing, who is invovled."

"You suck at this. 'Please'? You don't say please!" Neville mocked.

Angelina glared, a gash appeared on Neville's neck with a flick of her wand, "I'll do worse."

"You won't."

Why are you making this so hard?! Angelina wanted to scream. "Fine."

Angelina closed her eyes, thinking of the torture curse, finding the anger you needed to fuel a curse and flicked her wand. Neville contorted violently, biting back any noise, Angelina took off the curse and frowned at him.

"I'm begging you."

"You're so pathetic," Amycus called. "You get ten more minutes before I take over," with that he left the room as well.

Angelina counted to ten before looking at Neville, "all I want is to know who is behind it. No names, just organization and when the next one will be."

Neville was quiet, "I always thought you'd become one if them."

"They forced it on me."

"Yeah. Sure," Neville snorted.

Angelina glared at him, "we both know I can't do this."

"I don't know you, I know you were a part of Umbridges team and that you have bandages on your left arm. Those lead to a very simple conclusion."

"if you don't give me at least one piece of information they're going to come in here and kill you. How would you know that?"

"Because its pretty obvious. You're leading whatever mission is going to happen in Snapes office, you're leading the resistance against the Carrows."

"I'm not actually, helping though. But I'm not the mastermind."

"Neville, I can't kill you. I can't hurt you. I...."

"I noticed you couldn't hurt me when you used the tickling curse on me instead of the torture curse."

"Thanks.....for acting...."

Neville fell silent for a moment, before releasing a breath he was holding, "The Order is who is running the radio."

Angelina was still from shock, Neville had actually given something? Although it was all vauge and would lead to a dead end somewhere, Neville gave something up.

"What.....why are you saying this?"

"I have a feeling your time is up and I would rather not hear your name added to the list."

"But you hate me."

"I don't know you, I can't hate what I don't know."

Angelina's face screwed up in an odd expression, words escaping her as she tried to stow away her wand and walked through the door without another glance at the boy.

"Well, get anything useful?"

"No, he won't talk. Just that the Order is who runs the radio."

The Carrows made a scoffing noise before pushing her to the side, "leave our site," Alecto hissed.

"What about my bandages?!" Angelina cried after them.

The two gave a dry look, Alecto's face turned to one of fake pity before she smirked and walked inside the dark room; her brother just smirking her way and sauntering away.

Angelina all but ran to the Slytherin Common Room.

******