Chapter Forty-Two

**One Year Later***

"Oh my god, you look absolutely beautiful, Angie!" 

"Well you did make the dress for me," Angelina laughed as Marie jumped up and down in her heels. 

"I had to make the most elegant dress imaginable....I think I hit it," Marie grinned, Angelina wiped her hands on the dress, pushing down the satin fabric. The strapless dress shimmered in the light as if sprinkled with glitter, the dress was so big and flowing, it made her feel as if she were Cinderella. "Come on, time to get you married." 

"You know that there's only about....ten people coming to this right? I told you extremely small wedding." 

"I know," Marie scoffed, "but you still had to look amazing for the biggest day of your life." 

Angelina smiled, pulling her closest friend in a hug, "thank you so much." 

Marie grinned, "let's go!" 

When Angelina reached the beginning of the aisle, the nerves she hadn't felt were suddenly present and she felt as if she were going to pass out as she slowly stepped toward the lily covered altar, under which Draco Malfoy was standing. His dress robes, black as ink, which made his emerald green tie stand out. 

I can't believe this, I can't believe I'm marrying Draco, her thoughts raced around her mind as she continued down the aisle. 

Blaise was smirking behind Draco when she finally reached the altar, handing off her flowers to Marie beside her. Not many people were present, they had wanted it to be small and private, only inviting close friends and family. 

Angelina glanced over at the two rows of chairs, Pansy looked on with an expression of jealousy and pride, Angelina smiled slightly when their eyes met. After the battle, Angelina helped restore the castle and finish her last two years of schooling, her parents tried to contact Angelina but each attempt was ignored. Angelina decided that parents that would give up their daughter to protect themselves in any capacity, were not parents. But after listening to Draco's request, Angelina began to repair her relationship with Pansy. It was still slow going, Angelina still feeling resentment toward her older sister, but Draco had requested her at least make the attempt. At the end of the day, whatever Draco thought was necessary was something she'd venture to try. 

"You look captivating," Draco whispered, taking Angelina's hands in his. 

Angelina grinned up at him, taking in his polished look up close, she never thought this moment would happen. But here she was: marrying Draco Malfoy. 

***

"What do you think about a month in Madrid?" 

"For what exactly?" 

"A vacation. It'd be nice to take a family vacation, we have extra money to use," Draco put his hands in his pockets, leaning against the door frame of their kitchen as Angelina continued preparing dinner. 

Angelina glanced over at Draco, "we just managed to save the most amount of money that your father would've been proud of....and you want to go on a vacation with it? Shouldn't we save it to move to a bigger house, like you've always  wanted?" 

Draco shrugged, "we've lived in this house for five years....I've grown accustomed to it." 

Angelina put the pan of steak in the oven and turned toward Draco, giving him a puzzled look, "when we found this home, the first thing you said was it's too small. You've said that for years....Now you're alright with it?" 

Draco rolled his eyes, "I'm trying to be a loving father and husband and you're questioning me? I'm insulted." 

Angelina brushed her hair behind her ears and nodded once, "I think it would be nice to do something like that....but....maybe we should save the money for a little longer." 

"Why's that? I would like to give my family a nice trip when I can, you and Scorpius deserve a trip."  

"We've gone on plenty of holidays, love." 

Draco frowned, "come on, Ange....it's somewhere new! We haven't traveled to somewhere far in a long time. We should-"

"I'm pregnant," Angelina blurted out, Draco's face broke into a grin as he rushed toward his wife and hugged her tightly. 

"Then.....maybe not Madrid. Somewhere local and just as nice," Draco grinned, leaning down and kissing Angelina lightly. 

"I would love that," Angelina smiled, wrapping her arms around his neck. 

****

"Are you ready?" Draco whispered, watching his son study the train. He remembered looking the same: the small boy with the platinum blonde hair, looking up at the crimson train with wonder and fear. 

"Yeah....i guess...." Scorpius whispered. 

"You got this, you've been so excited for this day since you were five," Draco smiled. 

Scorpius nodded, hugging his father tightly and taking a step away, "I'll send letters....when I remember." 

Draco snorted slightly and nodded, "go say goodbye to your mother before she breaks into tears and causes a scene, and your sister." 

Scorpius shook his head, walking over to Angelina and his sister Sasha; hugging them both tightly, Draco smiled, watching his family exchange goodbyes before Scorpius got on the train. As Scorpius grew and as Draco's relationship with Angelina grew closer, Draco saw just how starkly different this family dynamic was between his parents. And as his mind wandered to his parents, he felt the tightening sensation he often got reappear in his lungs and stomach, his father had been incarcerated-sent to Azkaban for all his crimes and his mother....her health severely declined when Lucius was taken from them by the Ministry. Draco missed his parents, and watching Angelina say her goodbyes to their son, he wished they could see the kind of man Draco grew into-to see their grandson and granddaughter. 

"Bye..." Scorpius said lamely when he finally returned to Draco's side, Draco smiled, pulling his son into a tight hug before letting him step onto the train. 

"Holding up alright?" Angelina whispered, he felt her fingers find his. 

"Daddy! Are you sad Scorp is leaving, you look sad," Sasha said, frowning slightly. 

Draco gave a small smile, the train slowly going forward, "in a way. How about we stop for ice cream?" 

Sasha grinned, running ahead of the both of them toward the exit of the platform, "are you alright?" Angelina repeated her question. 

"Just thinking," Draco spoke softly, watching Sasha jumping up and down as she waited for her parents to hurry the pace. 

"Well....I'm sure your parents would've loved Scorpius and Sasha...." Angelina smiled, reading his mind, Draco snorted. 

"Thank you," Draco whispered, kissing the top of Angelina's head, the scent of lilies jumping up through his nose. Angelina raised an eyebrow, waiting for him to continue. "Thank you for always following me around...without you, I'd possibly be in jail like my father...Thank you for always having some kind of faith in me." 

Angelina chuckled slightly, "god you turned into such a sap." 

Draco gave his infamous smirk that Angelina loved so much, "you're saying that like it's a bad thing." Angelina chuckled, hugging Draco as they continued walking. 

"I love you," Angelina said softly. 

"I love you," Draco responded, his heart skipping a beat and his face broke out into a grin whenever Angelina said she loved him. As they continued out of King's Cross, Draco thought about how fortunate he was to have someone like Angelina in his life. 

Angelina was his angel in all the dark that clouded his life. 

******

Weelllllll here is the very last chapter!!! What did you think of the story?! Did you like it, did you hate it?! (well, if you made it this far, there had to have been something you liked) 

Please see my other works! Especially my Weasley works, I honestly think those are my best works. Anyways, please leave a comment! I have no idea what my next story will be, but thank you for being apart of this one. 

All the best! Thank you for reading xoxo